VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 January 2017
For some reason, I really quite enjoyed Airbourne's début album back in 2007 and, so, was happy to order this, their second album back when it was released in 2010. I don't really remember playing it much at the time or having any kind of opinion about it either way but, listening to it now, I'm really struggling to understand why I, or indeed anybody, would have been enthusiastic about such an obvious copy of AC/DC. Their style, their sound, even down to the vocals; seriously, this really could be an AC/DC album if you didn't know any better. Is it bad? No, but it's just so clichéd, so derivative, that is very difficult to get past this perfect carbon copy of the hard-riffing Australian band and treat each of the album's songs with any kind of objectivity. It's good party music, in that you can imagine a lot of rather beered up patrons in a rock club throwing themselves around to one of the very many heavy, high-tempo numbers on this record (and probably saying to each other, “Hey dude, is this AC/DC? Sounds like them, but I don't recognise this song.”), so in terms of enjoyment, people who really love this brand of heavy rock may get a real buzz from hearing this album, but – for me – it grates. Really grates.

I've given it a fair hearing. I had little to no expectations when I put this album on, so I haven't come to it with any kind of prejudice, but, frankly, I just don't see the point to the whole venture. AC/DC were the originals and, simply put, they have better songwriting skills, better riffs, superior lyrics and also manage to execute the whole rock swagger a lot better. This lot, whilst more than competent at their art, are offensively ordinary. I'd offer the opinion that I'd probably enjoy their live show a lot more than listening to, but I'm really not sure that I would. I understand that every generation needs its own bands and, to some, Airbourne may be a fresh, exciting band, but there is a huge difference between influence and imitation and Airbourne fall very firmly into the latter category and sitting through all of the songs (plus the bonus tracks) was sheer tedium. While there is nothing inherently wrong with this release (well, maybe the heavily clichéd lyrics are more than a little problematic), I know with a great degree of certainty that this is a record I neither want to nor will ever listen to again.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 April 2015
I saw these guys in Newcastle when they were supporting Iron Maiden during their 'The Final Frontier' tour, and they absolutely rocked the stage. In fact, I only wish they'd stayed on for a bit longer, with respect to Maiden.

'No Guts, No Glory', their second album is just like it's predecessor, carrying on the same style of genuine, good-old fashioned, arse-kicking rock n'roll. If you like AC/DC, I find it almost impossible to believe that you people won't like these dudes from Australia.

The album is not quite good as the first one admittedly, but the production is bigger and better, and songs such as 'No Way But The Hard Way', 'Bottom of the Well' and 'Raise The Flag' will rock you're socks off. Try and see them live if you can, because they sound even better live.
on 6 April 2010
I thoroughly enjoy Airbourne's outstanding first album so I was looking forward to the sequel. I think it is superb. I got the Special Edition which has 5 extra tracks.

This is an excellent rock album and I for one appreciate that the lads have not changed their formula. This album is almost as good as Running Wild, but not better. I don't think it contains any strong rock anthems that immediately capture your attention. Sure, all the songs are good, full of energy and excitement and some are catchy but there are no barnstormers.

It is true that the band are vearing towards AC/DC clones. No bad thing. I love AC/DC and they will be retiring soon so we need someone to keep up the bad boy boogie. Listen to this album and you'd be convinced that it was AC/DC playing. The influence is obvious.

If you liked the first album you will like this. AC/DC fans might also wanna give it a try. I just hope Airbourne achieve the success they are capable of. Great stuff.

: o)
on 19 April 2013
Nice album, the influence is totally clear, the problem is their songs, which sound very repetitive.
Overall, i think it is nice album to listen to in the background, but can't point on any highlight or a specific great song.
It is sound good though, fresh which is fine sometimes, but after few listens might ditch it for long time.
Art cover is nice, tempting for rock and roll, but you know it sound like something we heard before and that their weakness.
Still i recommend to try, enjoy.
on 26 June 2013
I just want to say a few little words.
If you are in your late forties or early fifties and still yearn for the good old fashioned hard rock that we had in the 70s and early 80s? Well guys, don't disrepair just give these young lads a listen and your faith in good old fashioned rock ''n'' roll will be restored!
Airbourne are just Dynamite with a capital D and they are up there with the likes of AC/DC Judas Priest and Motorhead for delivering high voltage rock music...They really will make you want to get that old air guitar out of the cupboard and give it a good dusting down!

JUST SUPERB!
on 22 July 2011
On the first listen I couldn't quite see what the fuss was about, it just seemed like a complete ripoff of everything AC/DC had done for years but for some reason I found, and still do find myself totally glued to this cd. After around 8 tracks the cd just seems like its the same song over and over again but when it finishes I just cant help but start it again.

The lyrics are awesome aswell

"I got a girl, she thinks sex is a thrill
I dont wear protection, cos shes on the pill!"

Comon, how can you not love that!!
on 11 March 2010
Forget about comparisons, whats been done before, or what might happen in the future. This is a great rock album. You want no frills, heads down, un pc, 70's/80's rockin then this is for you. These guys currently fly the flag for uncomplicated goodtime headbanging. Shure its a bit samey in places but they've have found their niche and they aint givin it up without a fight. You want progression, growth then go listen to Marillion! AC/DC, Status Quo, Whitesnake etc all found their "sounds" and have pretty much stuck to it with great success. Airbourne are a young band with tonnes of energy, and attitude that will keep a smile on the faces of rockers young and old for years to come. On the first album they said "Stand up for Rock n Roll" - they're walkin it like they're talkin it. Go and see them on the tour this month you will not be dissapointed. As for the album its an absolute must have.
on 13 June 2013
Great album, I love it to bits, but the same problem as the first album, no lead breaks.

It's ACDC without Angus...

LATER...

I can't stop playing this album.. it's brilliant and forget what I said before, there are lead breaks but they are not in your face. It's a completely new take on the ACDC phenomenon but it really works.

I WILL be buying more Airbourne.
on 27 March 2010
If you liked "Runnin' Wild" then you'll love this. Pretty much carries on where their first album left off. That's no bad thing of course, but you have to wonder if they need to take a more radical line next time out. Having said that, if this album doesn't make you pound your feet on the floor, max out on the air guitar whilst standing on the coffee table, or get your hands punching the air, then you're either not alive, or from another planet!
on 16 August 2017