Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 28 June 2012
Ordered this product after needing more ability to use my right arm following a Level 2 Shoulder Separation. Have been in a sling for 2 weeks and was getting very frustrated about being one handed which being right handed and my right shoulder being slumped and in pain was frustrating.

The pain is significantly reduced as this support holds my shoulder where it should be (before, it was slightly slumped meaning the joint between collarbone and shoulder was extended causing significant pain.) Hoping that within another week I may be able to come off the Horse Pill painkillers and start a more normal life pattern.

Applying this support is easier than expected, by laying the support across my shoulder and then passing the "tether" band across my back was simple and fairly pain free. The amount of Velcro is occasionally a nuisance as the entire support will stick to it but provides excellent grip to ensure it doesn't slacken in use.

I do feel a little like RoboCop on my right side in use and describe it to my friends as being like Spartacus, but without the pecks or six-pack!

Overall an excellent product which I can see will be used for any strenuous activity long after recovery from this injury.
on 27 February 2011
Brilliant. I had multiple dislocations of my shoulder and I'd been wearing a sling for a long time. This is the perfect step down - it allows me to use my arm and begin to build up my muscles again but with some support. Wearing it I don't feel like it's going to dislocate again - it's warming and supportive. I strongly recommend it if you've got injuries.
on 20 March 2017
To start with it is a little bit tricky to fit but after a couple of attempts it was quite straight forward to work out how to fit it over your shoulder. I have found it difficult to get it really tight, under the arm, so it takes another person to pull it tight. If I do it on my own I have to keep tightening it when in use. After comparing it with other products this does fair a lot better as the centre strap velcro connection works well and you don't have to loop it behind your back as it is on the front of the chest.
I have found this to really help me and have noticed the difference in my right shoulder. Can now play badminton and pull weights a lot easier now with this support.
on 2 January 2014
I tried this to help sort out recurring tendonitis/pain in either shoulder. When wearing it, it doesn't feel like it is doing much; it's not particularly tight or restrictive, but after a couple of days the shoulder feels much better. It comes 'sided' and I bought the left one for the left shoulder at the time, but it can be turned inside out and worn on the other!
on 17 April 2012
Basically what you see is what you get.. a neoprene shoulder strap with some stretch to it. I picked this up after a far cheaper alternative, also found on amazon, failed to even get picked for dispatch after waiting 3 weeks. Delivery was within 2 days, and my only gripe with it was with the packaging, as it was sent in a terminally oversized box (1ft by 2ft) for what is essentially a sleeve with a strap on one end.

I purchased mine to assist with a rotator cuff injury sustained in martial arts, and wear it on those days when my shoulder is particularly bad, or when I just want to rest it a little, and this support does the job fine.

I wear the strap over a t-shirt as a rule. Although it comes with a peice of removable padding to cover up a seam on the left hand side, you'll find that this thing quickly makes you sore in various places if you wear it directly on your skin... and I don't mean when training... I first tried it out putting the dishes in the dishwasher! This isn't really a product defect.. the strap is designed to be tight, expect it to rub!

What the product overview doesn't really give is a clear idea of sizing. For reference, I take an xl/xxl t-shirt and the underarm strap stretches more than enough to work across my chest - at full tightness I have around 10inches of strap to play with - although I wouldnt do it too tight unless you want to know what it feels like to breath after smoking 40 a day for 20 years!

The arm cuff is also adjustable, and should be able to take any reasonably sized bicep you want to throw at it, provided you're not a die hard power lifter or something.

The price is a little heafty, but it is of a reasonable quality, and I don't get the feeling I could pull it in to peices like I have done with cheaper supports in the past. It helps keep the edge off the pain on those days when I feel like any slight draught in the room is enough to trigger it, by keeping my shoulder warm and comfortably supported, and I'm happy to recommend it to anyone.
on 1 January 2016
After having an injury whilst playing tennis I was left unable to serve properly for months, as every time I did so I got a sharp and painful twinge in my shoulder as my racket struck the ball. I noticed a massive difference the first match I played whilst using this shoulder support and it has really helped my shoulder recovery and allowed me to have a bit more oomph in my game until I am fully recovered. Great product :)
on 28 November 2010
While most people buy a shoulder support to only support the shoulder, this one does that and more. Some of it's best features include:

-great support. Your shoulder is a shallow ball and socket joint and this support provides compression to help keep things tight and in place
-the amount of support is variable. Loosen it up if you need a breather, tighten it up if you're going to be demand more from your shoulder
-having the material around your shoulder helps keep the muscles warm and flexible-an added benefit

It's an easy to use brace and I recommend it to anyone who needs a little extra support to protect their shoulder to help it heal up OR prevent a problem. Those with shoulder problems might also be interested in Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff.
on 13 April 2017
I have an arthritic right shoulder so bought this support to see if it would help doing DIY
and when cycling. The answer is definitely yes. 30 miles of cycling it performed well giving perfect support to my shoulder. Gardening (hedge trimming and laying paving slabs) again spot on. The material retains enough heat to help without getting too hot and sweaty and also gives excellent and adjustable support. Relatively easy
To put on too. I would definitely recommend this product, great value for money.
on 18 June 2016
Great support while waiting for a shoulder ultrasound scan to see what I've done to it!
I wear it all day but take it off in the evening. It reminds me not to use my shoulder!
I bought the sling to go with it for when the pain is bad and together they should get me through the next few weeks until my appointment date.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 9 September 2016
I was knocked over seven months ago and nearly killed and since then I have done very well to recover as well as I have. However, injuries keep coming out and now my right shoulder is giving me a lot of pain – so I ordered this.

It is a faff to put on but once I got it right it was easier the second time. The Velcro straps are also not easy to get right first tome but after a couple of adjustments they were fine. It does make you look like a poor mans Spartacus though, but I can live with that.

The thing that I found most bizarre was that it makes you very hot very quick, so I could only manage a couple of hours, but it did give immediate relief. It is restricting too so the idea of doing anything adventurous down the gym is straight out the window. That said it does work so I shall continue to use it.