Size: Hide & Seek Board|Change

on 1 March 2015
This is a great toy and my little on loves it, but the manufacturer should change the age recommendation to 12 months plus. I got it for my little one at the age of 18 months and he found it very easy and not that challenging. He is now 2 years old and he still plays with it from time to time but I very much doubt it will very interesting for him at the age of 3.
on 1 January 2015
This was a gift for a grandson. He loves doors and this was a gift for his first birthday. He was given it in November and has obviously played with it a lot. When we visited at Christmas we noticed a couple of the doors aren't closing properly. The hinges must be made of softish metal. He loves it though and has play value for a while to come.
on 3 March 2015
brought this for my 18 month old although it recommends 3+ years. she loves playing with it, opening and closing the doors and putting all the picture pieces behind the doors although due to her age she doesnt understand they are meant to go in a certain place. But she still has alot of fun with it.
on 16 December 2014
This was bought as a Christmas present for my little girl so I haven't opened it just yet. The item is bigger than expected as I find with a lot of Melissa and Doug products. Looks attractive for little ones with bright colours and shapes. I'm sure this will get lots of play. Just slightly worried about losing the parts from inside the doors.
on 30 August 2011
love it. got this for my granddaughter's first birthday. was the hit of the party! 5 little 1 yr olds were pushing each other aside to get to it, ignoring all the other gifts. the educational side of it grows along with child. at first, just opening and closing the little doors is fun. then taking out the little magnets and tasting them - well, the latter's not supposed to happen, but my g-daughter can't help herself. then, recognizing how the items actually have a special door, ie the puppy goes in the dog house, car in the garage, etc. 1 problem: the hinge is delicate. during the party, as 2-3 babies were grabbing at it, and crawling over it to claim propriety, one of the hinges got slightly bent. it still works fine, just doesn't close completely flat. highly recommend.
on 26 January 2012
This was bought for my 15 month old daughter as a present. She loved it from day one and has played with it every day since. It is by far her most favouite thing to play with even 5 weeks later. Nursery also has the hinges one which i know she likes playing with too. Am about to buy one as a present and would highly recommend. Only slight criticism is that she tends to put pieces in her mouth and the edges of a couple of the pictures are slightly damaged now (think chewed/slobbered on board book) it is only slight but if she continues to play with as much as she does at the moment it may in time look tatty. However would not stop me recommending it and if she loves it then actually what does it matter?!
on 24 May 2014
I got this for my 1 year old for Christmas, he really played a lot with it, not really in the intended way, but he adores opening all the little doors and taking the things out. It also looks really nice and well made. I bought on that occasion several puzzles and then I realized not all were necessary, because I already had some from my older daughter, but this one I have no regrets. The doors make this a different kind a toy.
on 10 August 2014
My daughter is still teething quite bad and I think I bought it too early for her (16 months) but she loves these sort of toys. The board itself is solid, wooden, great quality, doors / hinges are great. The magnet idea is fab as it saves them dropping all over while being dragged across the room... However I deducted a star on the rating because the little pieces are not as substantial as the board. They are basically stickers on magnets. She's chewed through half of them and ruined them :( the board is still used as she likes to open / close the doors, but I've had to take the pieces off her. This toys would be better for when she's stopped chewing her toys (but whether she'd still be into this kind of toys by then, I don't know?...)
on 28 December 2014
I really like this thing, the doors are easy to open and it is a good quality product. The only problems I see are that some of the magnets are a little bigger than others and sometimes it can be challenging for my 20 month old to fit them into the compartment before he mashes the door down on it. The other thing is that as with any puzzle the loose pieces end up everywhere around the house. However, they can easily stick to the fridge for easy storage and access.
on 30 December 2013
My two year old loved this toy and I took it with us on car/plane/train journeys. It is a great memory training toy and is fun. It is on the simple side, so after a while I can see it becoming boring to him that is why I only use it during journeys - it is like an A4 book size-wise. Sturdy, colourful and overall, great buy.