Top positive review
22 February 2018
Sick tool. I use it for polishing silver as part of my silversmithing class.
- One tip: GET THE DREMEL MULTICHUCK END PIECE. It's like £8 and then you can fit any old rotary tool component on the end without faffing with screwdrivers. So cool. You can add drill bits, Busch burrs, polishing mops, the works.
- The motor is good, I'm happy with 5000 rpm mostly, going up towards 10000 for power sanding or drilling. Loses some torque when drilling or pressing hard with a sanding chuck
- Haven't tried it with the flexshaft yet, because I don't have a stand. I lie the tool sideways, holding it down with the chuck off the end of the bench and then move the silver against the tip, rather than trying to control the tool in mid-air as it's a little unwieldy for me. You could also clamp it and do it that way.
Sorry to patronise, but just a safety note:
- WEAR EYE PROTECTION and a MASK - dust will fly. Drill bits may break. Metal in the eye is a life-changing injury.
- Metals being worked on will get HOT