on 25 October 2010
This is a good quality drill with a strong hammer function. Arrived promptly and cost much less than at a well known DIY store. It has 2 gears and a useful light. Also shows which direction the drill is turning when the trigger is pressed. Plenty of room in the case for storing drill bits, plugs, scres etc.

Only 4 stars as no drill bits supplied and only 1 battery. Although charging is fast, a second battery is very expensive to purchase so may not be appropriate for extended use away from power source, ie on site.

Overall though, a solid drill i would have no problem reconending. Worth paying that bit extra for.
on 5 January 2015
Seems ok
on 4 March 2010
The item has arrived 2 days earlier than it was promised. I tried it out straight away: the functionality of this item is just amazing. That's why you pay more for it. The light is very interesting, it lightens the drilling target from the bottom of the handle, not like in small drills where the light shoots from below the drill head. I just loved it. It did the job I had to do in few minutes. I constructed the Sub Box within 10 minutes, so far it is brilliant. I tried the hammer function and it is stunning. I would definitely recommend that to everyone who is not afraid to spend some more money for a decent tool. It will last as it is Bosch. The basic screw is included with it. However I would go further with Bosch and would buy the drill set for future.
on 19 October 2010
My 20 year old Bosch Drill burnt out and I needed a replacement PDQ! Amazon supplied in 18 hours!! I needed a high quality drill/driver with hammer action for DIY. This adequately suffices, easy to use, light for a drill and powerful enough for DIY. I bought the 70 piece drill set (Bosch) aswell, which is suitably comprehensive and will not disappoint. It's very attractive (for a drill!) and will be a proud addition to any DIY workplace. Highly recommended.
on 10 May 2011
Firstly, I must confess that I am not the world's best exponent of anything to do with DIY. I bought this drill, to replace my existing corded drill because essentially it gives me more flexibility as to where I can work and don't need extension cables all around my feet. Also being variable speed, variable torque, with hammer action and reversible drive are all plus points. Also, personally, I find the extra handle to be really helpful to hold it steady, especially when using hammer action, although I was told by an assistant in Homebase when i was looking to purchase that real handimen prefer not to have the extra handle.
On the slightly negative side though, probably because of my lack of skill more than anything else, i find that when either inserting or removing a screw, it is easy to apply too much pressure to the button, causing me to wreck the screw head, even on a low torque setting.
I guess that over time and with practice, i'll learn to overcome this.
Overall, a good piece of equipment for the casual DIY jobs.
on 30 October 2010
Love it. Drills or drivers lock into the chuck without a key, super fast and easy. Drill is well balanced and reasonable light. Seems powerful for most household jobs.
Unlike some people, I found the built in light a great help. When I had to drill underneath a vehicle it shone just where I wanted to see.
Shame the case has not got more moulded spaces to keep a selection of drills or drivers "in situ", as there seems lots of room for this to be done.
on 26 September 2010
The first impression is of a robust, powerful, quality drill. It has amazingly powerful torque and what I originally thought was a gimmick is actually a really useful and bright light for those tucked-away, gloomy situations. Can be used without the separate handle which makes it capable of fitting into tight spaces. Forget the old 'always-needs-charging-before-use' NiCad battery cordless drills, this Lithium Ion battery was still fully charged and ready to go following 2 months of storage, so is good for occasional-use DIY. Battery is also small and light but the hammer action makes the drill slightly heavier, (but certainly more flexible), than the non-hammer version Bosch PSR 14.4 LI-2 Cordless Lithium Ion Drill/Driver. The 2-speed facility is a must for slow-speed control when used as a screwdriver. Only slight downside is the oversized carry-case which is presumably a onesize fits all design.
Addendum (Jan 13): Having now had this drill for 17months it continues to thoroughly impress me. Recently used it after a 5 month interval and the battery still retained sufficient charge to perform a multitude of tasks.
on 18 June 2011
This is the second one of these that I have owned. The first one 'died' just after the guarantee ran out ! However I believe the reason was leaving it on the charger when not in use ie when it's charged up take it off, despite whatever the clever charging protection is.
When the first died I was really annoyed because I just loved this tool and despite trying to get it repaired no one could do it for a sensible price. I bought a cheap replacement Ni Cad and hate it ! It is so heavy. In the end I found a good price for this latest Bosch and put it to work straight away - it's the ergonomics of it that make this a great tool. The hammer drill function is great for light /medium duty work, if you need more get the proper tool don't wreck what is a a really 'good friend'.
Update 2013:
Yep this one died just like the first .....no more Bosch tools for me !!!!!!
Disgusted with the lifespan .....
on 13 January 2011
As is usual an important detail about the drill is missing from the published specifications, namely its range of speeds which are only referred to as being 0 - Max, very helpful NOT! so the range is as follows.

No load speed 1st gear: 0 - 370rpm

No load speed 2nd gear: 0 - 1550rpm
on 14 September 2015
Durability of the batteries is rubbish. I have just scrapped my third drill because of battery failure. First one lasted less than 12 months so exchanged it, second lasted 18 months, bought the same model for spares, third lasted 16 months.

See one answered question