on 6 January 2018
Does a great job but the trigger is very sensitive. You spend more time repulling the trigger get the record charged and then the same over again when your trying to discharge it. Very frustrating and time consuming. Works slightly better when it is warm and not cold but it’s still hard work considering it’s hefty price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 August 2013
Its too expensive, i feel.
It does work but i would love to know whats in it that costs so much to justify the price.
on 24 February 2013
Does exactly what it says on the box.
Lp,s which where almost stuck in their paper covers, now just simply glide out and almost all signs of static(crackling) er gone.
Love it.
on 3 July 2016
Have to give 4 not 5 because it's horribly expensive for what's in it. But. It works and my records sound gorgeous so for me it was worth the cost.

There's a few comments along the lines of 'this should be a tenner' but it's patented so if you don't want a milty, what do you get instead ?

Just to reiterate for those saying 'it didn't work' : hold 12" away from the 12 o'clock position of your record and squeeze *slowly* ... if it clicks you messed up, so practice a bit first. Slowly release keeping the gun in the same position. (The unit gives out +ve ions on the squeeze, followed by -ve ions on the release).

repeat at the 4 o'clock position and 8 o'clock.

finally, aim at the centre, squeeze as before, but then point the gun away from the record before releasing. Not sure why on the last one but that's what milty says !
on 20 December 2017
I feel like a bit of an idiot - I was sceptical at first but decided to gamble on this product as I was fed up of buying records that were coated in dust (sometimes even fresh out of the cellophane - what's that about???). Anyway, I was expecting poor instructions having read the initial review, but wow; there may as well be no instructions - that's how vague they are. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the build quality though - it was heavier than I was expecting and seemed fairly well constructed despite looking like a toy space gun from the 60s.

Before I tried this thing out, I searched the web for actual instructions on how to use it. I came across one website that claimed you must pull the trigger slowly so that it does not click then release it slowly in a similar fashion; do this three times equally spaced across the record at roughly 300mm distance, then pull the trigger once more at the centre of the record and finally release the trigger while the 'gun' is facing away from it. It has to be said, no-where on the back of the packet does it say that this must be done; it simply states that pulling the trigger slowly produces positive ions whereas releasing it produces negative ions. The instructions on the web noted that this process must take place in hand rather than a work surface - again, no-where on the back of the packet does it say this.

Now, I've tried this item out on several records hoping to dislodge the dust and hairs from the vinyl surfaces. Seeing as the dust is attracted to the record by a static charge I can see the logic in the instructions above - simply pulling and releasing the trigger mechanism would surely increase and decrease the charge by the same amount - thereby resulting in a net charge pretty much identical to it's beginning charge? The trouble is, is that I have no way of knowing the actual charge of the record initially, nor do I have a way of knowing if I should increase or decrease the charge, or how much by in order to reduce the overall charge to zero. My experiments ultimately ended up with my trying various strategies, none of which worked. I was hoping that once the charge of the record was effectively zero, I would be able to simply tap or blow the dust off but this never worked. Perhaps in desperation, I attempted to use this item on a party balloon that I'd rubbed on my jumper and given it a strong static charge. I'd hoped that I could observe a change in charge by using this gun but I was unable to lower it's charge to any noticeable amount.

Which leads me to conclude that either this item simply does not do what it says it does (I'm still not 100% sure) - it does come with a 'tester' - a little piece of plastic with a lighting mechanism that fits in the 'barrel' of the gun - pulling the trigger and releasing it produces an orange light when in a darkened room - but then, I'm not 100% sure what this actually proves? - this little tester is pictured attached to the gun in the advertised picture but this should not be used when attempting to reduce the charge of your records.

...Alternatively, there is a possibility that I'm simply doing it all wrong. I want this to be true! - I spent £50 on an item that has more use an a child's toy than as an expensive cleaning apparatus. Going back to the instructions I can't help but be a little angry - why so vague??? It's like they're hiding something? Audiophiles are well known as a bunch of idiots who will buy anything to make their precious records sound an extra 0.1% better (record clamps, 180 or even 200 gram vinyl, platter materials ranging from leather to glass) and while I can understand wanting the best for your records I can't help but think I've been bought a con - magic beans or something.

I'm more than willing to change my review when and if I figure this item out. Some people have success and even swear by these zerostat guns and I'd be genuinely intrigued to know what they are doing that I am not. Please leave any suggestions - this is an item I WANT to work but cannot. For the time-being my review remains one star - £50 for a worthless item.
on 4 May 2016
Not convinced it does anything.
on 24 April 2017
Great gun works really well on your vinal,
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 December 2017
Had one of these when they first came out in the seventies can't remember how much they cost but as now probably expensive. Really can't decide if they work or not hence the headline. You make your own mind up?.
on 22 April 2017
As described. Works well.
on 14 September 2016
Not very effective. Analogue Seduction have been very good and I am returning it for an alternative purchase