on 18 May 2016
Have always been a great fan of Robert Frosts' poems. At the price for this large collection it was too good to miss! Just had to have it. It's in my kindle so goes with me everywhere. Not been through all of it yet though, but I will! A very good buy.
on 16 June 2011
The poems sing to you. It is wonderful to have this collection so easily portable, to dip in to and out of at will. Sadly, the collection lacks my favourite "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening", but even so, it will do nicely until the complete poems become available.
18 people found this helpful
on 13 May 2013
This is a good selection - my trouble is I still hanker for the selection I taught my first A Level students from and loved. But the format was really quite difficult, the fiddliness of the serifed type and the, to me, excessive spacing between lines. Frost is quite dense and understated. His poems don't want to be spread out. I'm not sure that much poetry does. These verses, like the short poems of the young Wordsworth, need to be presented tightly within themselves, even if surrounded by plenty of space
on 24 April 2018
What a miserable, depressing view of life. Fortunately, I'm not affected by it.
on 18 June 2017
Lots of Frost to enjoy but I have to still find some of my favouriters.
on 13 January 2013
If you like poems that catch the simple everyday moments of life, you will enjoy Frost. "Putting in the Seed" is a good example. Here Frost expresses with moving simplicity the wonder of rebirth evoked by the mundane task of planting. If you are looking for drama or impressive rhetoric you will not find it here. Not a great poet, perhaps, but his poems capture the beauty and mystery of ordinary experiences that most of us can identify with.
on 17 July 2015
Even more great poems from Robert Frost
on 12 December 2013
If you love Frost it's a must and this was especially valued for travelling.
A lot of old favourites and some new to me.
on 20 January 2016
excellent compilation of frost.
on 29 September 2013
Such beautiful poems. Should be in everybody's collection. So many in here that you may remember from school. Thoroughly recommended.