on 23 September 2016
This is one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

It's heart well and truly in the right place, Ewan takes us on this gloriously daft adventure into the more 'interesting' elements of American military history. Both Jeff Bridges and George Clooney give epic performances. There is so much to love about this film, I don't know where to begin. Often original and laugh out loud funny, it actually to some extend reminded me of the military school I went to plus all the drugs.

Just one point of nerdism from me: The all seeing eye is not 'the symbol of the Jedi'. PMSL.

Wonderful film, and gives me faith in mankind.
on 31 August 2010
Seriously funny and off beat and with more than a couple of sly messages hidden in its depths, this is a great movie if you love the Coen brothers and George Clooney collaborations (though of course its not, it might as well have been). Its kind of like Oh Brother Where Art Thou, but with a touch of The Big Lebowski, taking acid in Iraq. With heavy hints of Shakespear (King Lear springs readily to mind) and political farce and Starwars references aplenty, what more could you want?

George Clooney proves yet again he is a great tragi/ comedic actor when he's given the right material, and puts in an age defying performance for the flash back scenes. With great support from the 'master' Jeff Bridges (how can that guy can become 20 years older/ younger with just a facial expression is beyond me) the glorious jealousy of Kevin Spacey and the narration of the wise fool played by Ewan McGreggor its well worth more than a second viewing.

The only flaw is that some plot lines where not fully exploited to their subversive advantage (who was Mahmood exactly?) My only theory as to why it didn't do better at the box office though is that a lot of people simply just didn't get it. A sleeper classic.
on 30 March 2017
The film is great but it is not in high definition despite it being on a Blue Ray disc it is only 576p. The packaging says it should be 1080i but it isn't. Oddly the special features are in 1080i. Now given it only cost £3.62 for a Blue Ray disc it is hard to complain too much but I think the product description on Amazon should be more honest.
on 12 June 2017
Would you believe this is a true story, or based on 30 years worth packed into the time of the film but even the character that lynn is based on likes it! (think his real name is Glyn though)
on 24 June 2017
When I see a dvd case coverd in 5 stars from uncle tom cobly and all, I would from experience avoid it as rubbish this being a Coen brothers film I thought I would give it a chance. ...I wish I had avoided it ...not very good at all ...😕
on 25 May 2017
This is an excellent film
on 13 June 2017
great film
on 30 May 2017
Enjoyed this more than I expected to.
on 10 April 2017
Arrived really quickly. Enjoyed the film and the 'extra' real life story behind the film - sometimes real life is stranger than fiction!
on 27 March 2014
a very strange but compelling film. it is very well written and has a vey good cast and from an entertainment point of veiw will not dissapoint