on 6 March 2013
Arm cuff too tight and I was not prepared to buy a larger one.Arrived on time and was well packed.
If you're like me and suffer from "White coat hypertension" this little device is very useful for monitoring your blood pressure under relaxed conditions at home , it's exceptionally easy to use and also has an irregular heartbeat indicator ( I have an inherited irregular beat caused by a bundle branch block ) that you can monitor. The memory function is useful for storing previous readings. I find that my blood pressure at the surgery is quite often 170/90 ( or higher !! ) but when measured at home it's usually 145/75 (or lower - phew ) although still high it's acceptable as I'm 62 and receiving medication.
on 9 April 2015
The unit received under-read diastolic pressure, compared with my BHS-validated LBK1 (which used to be available from Lloyds Pharmacy), and the sphygmomanometer used at a surgery appointment.

Omron's cuff policy is, shall we say, devious. I would think most people needing a monitor are heavier than average. I am no longer scrawny, but my arms don't look huge, yet I needed to order the large cuff, at additional expense. The cuffs were supplied separately for the Lloyds LBK1 monitor, and fit a more reasonable range of girths for the UK population.
on 30 October 2012
I purchased the OMRON M2 BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR when I had a routine health check and it picked up that my blood pressure was on the high side.

It is a very simple machine to use, and although I was a little concerned when reading the reviews that the arm cuff may be too small it was fine for me, (my lower arm is 32 cm)which was shown to be on the larger size to use the cuff, but no problems at all.

Easy & simple to use, with the additional feature of the memory to hold your last results.

I would recommend this product.
on 11 February 2013
The product looks fine, but the cuff is definitely too small for a larger than average arm. If you arms are larger than average, take for granted you'll have to spend an extra 11£ to get the larger cuff.
on 27 April 2014
As a Scuba Diver, I am required to have a medical every year and I my BP readings were always inconsistent when taken in the surgery. I bought this unit (partly as a result of a discussion with my Doctor), to use at home.
Used about once a month, I take an average of three readings, and keep a record of the results, which my Doctor is happy with. Whatever your reason for considering this type of monitor, I would recommend this unit as easy to use and accurate. ( It's actually the same make as the one my Doctor uses).
on 1 January 2013
Lots less stressful than going to see a doctor or nurse, or even visiting a pharmacy. My 87 year old Mum can now monitor her bp very easily and as a consequence the readings are lower
on 27 February 2013
This product is simplicity itself. Just pop on the armband and push 'one' button, that's it, job done. It's recommended and endorsed by all kinds of authorities and official bodies in both the UK and USA, so the blood pressure reading will be very accurate.

But...while the price is exceptionally cheap for such a great device - it's not the true price of the device. You will almost certainly need to buy a larger armband at an additional 10 UK pounds. Making the real price of this device 25 pounds (at the price I paid). It's a great marketing ploy by Omron. I would have preferred them to offer the machine with an armband size of choice, but it only comes with a medium-ish armband that probably won't fit any adult arm. It says it will fit up to a 32cm circumference arm. My arm measured exactly that, but when I put on the armband I am out of the range indicated on the armband, so in use it comes-up slightly smaller.

Overall, then a great device with very accurate readings, simple to use and a good price, including a nice blue nylon back to keep it in. But beware of the additional cost of a large armband. Even with this extra armband cost (if required) it's still a good price I believe. I just wish Omron would provide a range of armband sizes from new.
on 22 May 2013
Easy to use Works ok. Bulky, designed to sit on desk/table. Shape not ideal to carry or move around. Weight 575gm with instructions. Clear instructions in numerous languages.
on 2 March 2013
My mum is not long out of hospital and was diagnosed with high blood pressure and was given tablets to take for it. rather than have a district nurse come out and do it weekly i thought as i am a staff nurse i would buy a monitor and do it for her. i ordered it on fri teatime and it arrived sat morning. i took my mums blood pressure immediately and it was sky high. i did everyone else in the family and that was normal and then retook my mums,still dangerously high. i contacted nhs 24 and they sent a dr to see her. he took my mums blood pressure and it was still high and he asked to use mine,probably just checking that mine was reliable,which it was,it was exactly the same reading as the dr got with his. he prescribed another HBP medicine for her. im not recommending that everybody should be taking their own blood pressure and diagnosing themselves without medical consultation,the point i am making is that without this device i wouldnt have known my mums blood pressure was at a seriously high level.This machine is fantastic, easy to use and well worth the money. i see from other comments that they say the cuff was too small but in my case its a perfect size, first class service. would highly recommend this brilliant machine. well done. cant thank you enough