Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 22 September 2017
Enjoyable rom-com.Gerard Butler is a bounty hunter who gets the dream job of bringing his ex-wife(Jennifer Anniston) in after she bail-jumps.The sexual chemistry between the two is good in this entertaining film. Butler's annoying behaviour reminds one of the old Tony Curtis movies.They tangle with a gang of killers in between trying to get the better of each other in a series of stunts of one-upmanship. Matters only made worse by Jennifer Anniston's screen mum(Christine Baranski) who's rooting for her son in law.
on 1 September 2017
good film
on 26 April 2017
good
on 30 April 2017
An easy film to watch. Delivered on date stated
on 13 September 2017
DVD came in great condition. The box was lovely and there were no scratches on the DVD. Very happy with it
on 8 December 2016
I didn’t expect much going into this, but it was an ok movie, with bright performances and scenery to match. This film does look good, even if the comedy doesn’t always work. Sometimes the romantic elements of the story get in the way of the action, but most of the time it works. The two stars, Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler, work well together. Sadly, they're not developed that much in order for us to care a lot for them. The action is competent, but you don’t go into a movie with the words romantic action comedy glued on throughout expecting city destroying action, ala Michael Bay. The thing is, it tries to be tense, but it fails because you don’t care a lot for the characters. For all its faults, though, this is a nice little romantic action comedy.
on 27 May 2015
Milo Boyd, a down-on-his-luck bounty hunter, gets his dream job when he is assigned to track down his bail-jumping ex-wife, reporter Nicole Hurly.

He thinks all that's ahead is an easy payday, but when Nicole gives him the slip so she can chase a lead on a murder cover-up, Milo realises that nothing ever goes simply with him and Nicole.

The exes continually one-up each other - until they find themselves on the run for their lives.

I think most people can say they are in safe territory when they venture into these sort of romantic action comedies, especially when they star Aniston. She has now played the same character for years in these movies, and it's a case of if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

She spends the entirety of the movie, doing that quirky look, spouting lines at Butler and so on and so on. If you like Aniston in previous comedies, this is for you.

Butler on the other hand is almost to annoying for his own good. If he had stuck with his accent of origin, then this would have made the character more believable, but it just makes him seem a little too cocky for his own good.

The story isn't up to scratch and it feels like this film could have been released 20 years previously and could have starred Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfieffer.

It's nothing special, but then again, i was just expecting something to be a little light and not to take itself seriously.

A perfect date movie.
on 25 March 2011
Even though I am still no great lover of Butler, this film has made me warm to him a bit. As the lead in a romantic comedy, Butler is not the first actor that would have sprung to mind but he actually does a pretty decent job. He is funny where he needed to be but he also has the action hero thing going on so he does these parts of the film really well at the same time. His character, Milo, is cheeky and very sure of himself at the beginning of the film but I liked that there was actually a lot more depth to him. Over the course of the film, slight changes can be seen in his character and this was why I started to like Butler as an actor more.

I have been a fan of Jennifer Aniston since her days in Friends but find her films to be very hit and miss, especially the romantic comedies (to be fair, she doesn't do much else). As Nicole, I thought Aniston was fabulous. She had just the right amount of sarcasm and attitude to be able to star alongside Butler and his character Milo. The two personalities bounced off of each other extremely well and I could definitely feel the chemistry between the two, which was one of the biggest reasons I liked this film. I hate to see two leads with no chemistry at all, like Vince Vaughn and Aniston in 'The Break Up', which I didn't like much at all.

The plot moves along at a great, fast pace and I was never bored while watching this film. There was always something exciting happening for both characters, either together or separately, but I thought that both halves fit together well. The blending of their 'meet up' was well done and I loved watching to see how each character would cope with being around the other for such a long time. There were some twists and turns in the plot, while not being totally unpredictable, were not always what I was expecting. The whole story entertained me throughout and I liked the idea of the plot. The Bounty Hunter was also pretty funny, which isn't something that happens all of the time with romantic comedies. I found myself laughing a lot throughout the film and I was expecting to find it so funny at all!

Normally I don't pay much attention to the soundtracks for films like this but with The Bounty Hunter, I couldn't help it. The songs are really upbeat and each fit the scene perfectly. The songs used were very recent and ones that you could end up singing along with if you really wanted to. Some songs in the film are; Fire Burning by Sean Kingston and Tik Tok by Ke$ha as well as many others that most people will probably know.

If you aren't too sure about this film I would say give it a go anyway. You might be surprised like I was!
on 23 April 2011
Now I watch alot of films and my taste is pretty varied, so I know a bad film when I see one and this is not one of them.
For it's genre it's actually pretty good, it's nice to see something a bit different in the mix. Jennifer Aniston does this thing well, I know she does lots of throw away comedies but I always enjoy them and this is better than many of her previous ones.
I really don't know what it's critics were expecting, it's a rom-com, they weren't going for an oscar ,it is what it is and if you like romantic comedies you will love it, if not then why would you watch it anyway.
on 3 January 2012
I took a chance on this thinking all the reviews that were negative against it might just be wrong beacaue it`s got Jen and the Scotish bloke in it.......The reviews were right and I was wrong, because it is total and utter rubbish!!

It`s truly rubbish to the point where you`re watching it thinking to yourself that it might just pick up somewhere along the line.....and then the end credits appear!!!

It`s not worth £2 quid it`s that bad!!!