on 16 August 2010
This is a fantastic little camera. I've just taken it on holiday and it's coped with a variety of different light conditions, and has taken great pictures every time. Even in low light when not using the flash, the results are focused and really capture the atmosphere. The macro and zoom work very well and the results are sharp. It's easy to fit in your pocket, and when you want to snap something quickly, the anti-shake feature is brilliant. I can't fault it - it's great value and I might never need another camera again.
7 people found this helpful
on 18 November 2012
Perfect little starter camera which i brought for a friend, the camera is ace an just what they wanted, there has been no problems.
#
The screen is lovely and bright
#
The zoom goes up to 8x without optical.
#
Quality of the images is ace
#
Panorama is a good feature but you do need steady hands.

Brilliant Buy two years ago.
on 29 August 2017
good quality camera thanks,
on 12 February 2011
Brilliant Camera, really impressed with this device, comes with great software and the camera is amazing for HD pics and movies. Well recommeneded camera at a well good price.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 May 2014
I like this compact little camera, ideal for photographing people and takes interesting panoramas. Not so good if you are trying to take far distant landscape shots.
on 16 October 2014
Very good pictures and video, but the only thing i hate about this camera is that, the battery does not last that long.
on 7 March 2013
Small, lightweight camera and easy to use. Has great zoom facility and easy function buttons. Would recommend this to anyone.
on 9 June 2012
I previously owned a Sony camera, and was impressed with the quality of the image, as even at 4 megapixels the quality Carl Zeiss lens ensured decent images. As such, when it came to moving on to a newer and supposedly better camera, I was keen to choose Sony/Carl Zeiss again. However, this model has been a big disappointment. The image quality is poor, and the camera often has to be 'wiggled' to get it to auto-focus. Despite the fact that I religiously charge all electrical devices strictly in line with instructions (some types of battery like to be properly empty before being charged and then have a one-off full charge, whereas others prefer frequent 'top-ups'), the battery life on this is terrible. I often take it out fully charged for a day trip and it gives up the ghost before the day is out.

In short, it's a massive disappointment. I feel ripped off at £120, and so I'd be even more miffed with it were I to have paid the current asking price of £140.
One person found this helpful
on 16 July 2012
The camera has good features for its price tag. But they are no good if it doesn't last. After 14 months my camera has got its own mind. It goes dead when I'm in the middle of taking pics, it doesn't turn-on when I want to, I need to press and hold the power-on button multiple times for it to respond. Poor build quality especially with the lens socket and screen.

I contacted Sony who quoted £120 to fix it. That's more than today's price. I don't know if they were having a laugh... My next camera will certainly not be Sony. Thanks very much.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 May 2010
I was looking for a quality small camera that was easy to use but with enough features that I could use it most of the time rather than carry around both my camcorder and bigger camera while on holiday.

This Sony W350 met the requirements and produces great quality photos.

The video is decent quality; wide angle shots are ideal for what I wanted; reasonable 4x optical zoom for camera of this size; lots of nice features (steady shot etc .. and it fits comfortably in a shirt or trouser pocket!!

Recommended