on 23 July 2010
Producing a charity magazine, I chose this camera for anyone to use -- including children, elderly folk, and a good many technophobes. Since then, I've been given nothing but thanks. People are delighted with the astonishingly small size and weight, and with the simplicity of operation. Most important, almost every photograph that's since been submitted to me has been useable and no opportunities have been lost.

For absolute simplicity of use, for dependable results under an exceptionally wide range of conditions, and for value, this camera is a great advancement on anything that's gone before. If you want to point and click and get results you'll be proud of, then you'd do well to choose this model.
33 Comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2010
Having had a Sony Cybershot for some years, I trusted that the up to date one would be easy to use and similar - I really didn't want anything too fancy!

Easy to use - it's fantastic - point and press! I didn't have time to practise before taking it on holiday. The quality of every picture is superb - from bees on plants, paintings on house walls or landscapes.
Downloading to my computer presented a small challenge - a longer lead would mean I don't have to have the camera on the floor - and I did have to refer to the index for help, but after this I could hardly believe my eyes! All my photo files from the past were reorganised in date order and the fact that my latest photos were shown on a calendar was also amazing.I'm looking forward to trying the 'map' feature - Wow!
Would I recommend it - without doubt. No doubt I will discover additional features as I go on, but for now, it will do me fine!
11 Comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2010
I already have an SLR camera and bought this for when i'm running around and not wanting to carry a large camera with me. I have been extremely pleasantly surprised by the quality of pictures this camera produces. With the 14.1MP enlarging your pictures causes no problems. The software is clever and allows you to take great pictures effortlessly, although occasionally it can slow it down, but not enough to really bother me. The battery lasts for hours and its small, lightweight and is aesthetically pleasing.

The LCD screen is good, although if you zoom in on your pictures on it they are blurry, I assume this is not a fault. I would recommend buying a screen protector as it would be easily scratched.

Overall for the price I think this is a brilliant little camera and I am pleased I bought it and would recommend it to anyone considering buying it.
33 Comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 December 2015
Small, but takes some really nice snaps. Easy to use.
on 17 July 2010
Had Sony Cyber shot DSC- N1 for the past five years which has served me well. Decided to go for the DSCW320B as it gives 14.1 mp. 4x optical zoom. Better spec than the old one and it shows in the resulting pictures I have taken. Very pleased with this camera. Small, light and compact easy to carry in shirt pocket if need be.
on 4 September 2010
This is a lovely looking little camera. First impressions were that it was easy to point and shoot. Picture quality is stunning (repl.for first digital camera - 3.2 mp!). The battery is easy to charge although I would have preferred not to have to remove it from the camera. Forthe aged/technologically-challenged like myself, the array of features is both impressive and bewildering. The printed handbook is very basic.For example it tells you to format a new memory card using the camera but does not mention how to do it! However, the one included on the cd is much more comprehensive. I fear that without a lot of patience I shall not progress much beyond the point and shoot stage but this is an age thing and is in no way a criticism of the camera. I do remember feeling the same way when I first took up SLR photography so all may not be lost! To sum up ,I would highly recommend this camera for the following reasons:-

1)Looks - the green is gorgeous.
2)Picture quality - 14.1 MP + Carl Zeiss lens. Say no more!
3)Compactness and light weight - slips easily into a shirt pocket.
4)Battery - lithium, long life and easy charging.
5)Features - virtually unlimited.
6)Price - I doubt you will find better value for money, certainly at Amazon price.
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2010
What an awesome camera. I call it my pocket rocket. Clear pictures,easy to use and just slips into your pocket.I recently used it at the Indy cart race in Toronto and captured cars moving at 180mph.Now my partner is going to purchase the same camera. Need I say more !!
on 12 September 2010
Completely on a whim, I decided to buy this camera at the airport en route to Spain for my holidays to complement my larger, more bulky Sony DSC-H2.

As expected from a Sony product, it is absolutely fantastic. It is ideally sized to slip into your pocket without being too bulky but still has the capability to take sharp and colourful photos. I charged it on the first day, and even after a week and 150 photos the battery was still showing full charge. On downloading the photos to my PC today, I am delighted to say they are crisp and clear with beautiful colours.

The smile sensor is fun to experiment with as it automatically takes pictures when it detects a smiling face, but I'm not sure how essential it is in everyday use.

On the down side, you will have to buy a separate case and memory card, but it still makes for a cheap and convenient camera for all occasions.
on 2 June 2010
After trying this camera out I bought two, one for my son and one for me. In the short time I have had used it, it has been faultless. Images are first class and shooting in low light is especially good. Build quality is good and the Carl Zeiss lens is excellent. This is a great little camera for the money and I would recommend it highly
on 7 August 2010
Quite small and looks very smart. Picture quality is good at 14 mega pixels (which is all I have used it at). I have left it set on smart mode and the camera selects the type of photo your taking by slightly pressing the shoot button a couple of times. Once selected then again slightly press shoot to focus and then completely press to shoot. This takes all the hassle out of setting things manually. The photos I have taken this way have all turned out fine. Landscape, closeup (macro), people, pets, night shots, very bright & sunny. The movie mode is nothing special so don't buy this camera for that function. I also have the Sony DSCW210 and I think it is a better camera because its more user friendly and the photo quality is as good at 12 mega pixels as the W320 at 14.Sony DSCW320B Cyber-shot Digital Camera - Black (14.1 MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD