on 15 November 2014
I wouldn't be without it.

At first I struggled to see how I would use it and if it would be useful, but now I couldn't use Lightroom really without it.

One hand on the hub, the other moving the mouse around the tool panel and then everything is there. You basically programme the buttons to operate various shortcuts. It takes minutes. I only use it for Lightroom but you can programme it for virtually any programme you like and it is clever enough to work out which programme you are using, so no you don't have to set it up for Lightroom and then reset it to use another programme, it will transfer from one to the other and back again.

It saves time, is more precise then using a mouse to use on sliders and the like. Mine is set up that the first buttons colour code pictures, the second row access the tools like graduated filter, and the side two access two modules, while the bottom four do copy setting and pasting setting, and zooming. The middle dial controls moving from one picture to another with the inner dial controlling whatever slider your mouse highlights.

£80 well spent, worth every penny.
on 30 April 2016
Does not work using elements 14
on 4 May 2015
For simple tasks (stop/start, scrub) in Premiere, this is really good, and I've quickly fallen into using it naturally. But I've found it way to tricky to customise the buttons for use in Premiere (either CS6 or CC). I'm happy setting up any software and undertaking simple coding, so it's galling to have to give up
on 28 December 2012
It was a gift for my husband, who edits a lot f video. He is thrilled and looks forward to start working with the shuttle.
One person found this helpful
on 24 March 2012
I use keyboard shortcuts. I find shortcuts easy as I'm a touch typist. So the Shuttle has limited uses for the likes of myself. That being said programmed properly I find it useful for those 3 Key shortcuts i.e. (Ctrl & Alt & Another Key). I think the Shuttle comes into its own for video editing. I'm not displeased with it, I think it slightly too expensive for what it is.
2 people found this helpful
|77 Comments|Report abuse
on 8 October 2010
Brilliant piece of kit worth every penny. Takes a bit of programming of course, but they supply a great interface for that. Also you have to learn the shortcuts. I spent a bit of time planning on paper which shortcuts to program, and committing them to memory - now I don't even have to think about it, my left hand hits the shortcut whilst my right hand controls the mouse - very fast indeed.

Its well built too, feels quality under the hand, and the jog wheel is very accurate. Highly recommended for pro editors who work on FCP like myself, a great investment.
2 people found this helpful