Customer reviews

Plastic Beach
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 March 2010
I'e always loved the best of the Gorillaz but the albums were always so diverse they were patchy - loads of singles, put it on shuffle. THis is different - a real album. There isn't a Dare or Kids With Guns here, but the overall effect is much better. A real grower.
on 12 January 2011
When I first heard the songs, apart from the chart hits, I wasn't very impressed however after listening to them a few times most of them grew on me and it is one of my favourite cds to have in the car on journeys because of the variety of music styles.
on 22 March 2013
another beautiful album by gorillaz, not much more can be said, beautiful music, clever lyrics and perfect to mellow to.
on 31 March 2015
yeah, i like this a lot, almost all the songs are good, a couple of them are excellent.
Yey and ...Lou Reed!
on 13 March 2014
Very Happy.......turned up on my door step with in 3 days ..it happened just the they said it would happen...
on 6 April 2010
The third Gorillaz album (not counting their B-sides albums) and I have to say I'm not disappointed. The songs have an 80s feel to them, which I love since I'm passionate about the 80s and the music from that time so it kinda brings back nostalgia for me.
My favourite songs include Glitterfreeze and Superfast Jellyfish. They are both catchy and make you want to dance. Very uplifting and fun. The other songs are great too and they all have the musical variety and contributing bands that Gorillaz are famous for.
This album also follows on storyline-wise from the last, with the band living on Plastic Beach and the songs reflect this, at first welcoming the listener to the world of the Plastic Beach and then going on from there. I would definately recommend it to Gorillaz fans and its also a great album for those who haven't heard their music too. It's a good all rounder with memorable songs that get stuck in your head pretty easily! Or at least for me they do!
on 22 April 2016
Great product, fits the description, quick delivery.

10/10 would recommend seller
on 26 August 2016
Sounds great mostly, though sides A and D have intermittent skips, maybe a faulty copy.
on 8 April 2010
I have seen a lot of reviews of this album, criticising it for
being low key, and not as immediate as its predecessors. That's exactly
why I like it. Thinking about it though, i have to question whether the initial criticism is actually valid - the record is full of catchy synth lines and
songs for example. Take "Melancholy Hill" and "Empire Ants" - what's not
to like! Many people have issues with the "Welcome.." track but i think the
bass, beat and Snoop sound wicked, so maybe someone could explain...
Mind you i am used to listening to Autechre and everything sounds like pop music
in comparison..!
on 15 March 2010
This album is their best one yet. I loved Demon Days, but this is better!