Customer reviews

I bought this to replace an ageing Netgear DG834 firewall/router which I ran with double NAT to a Fortigate firewall. It seemed ideal since I could pass off the PPoA authentication to the firewall on PPoE and at first it seemed to work OK. Then the connection speed began to drop and since I am some 4.5Km from the exchange it was only 2.5Mb to start with. When the speed settled at 1.2Mb I reconnected the old Netgear and behold the speed returned to 2.5. I assume that for some reason this causes the line speed to negotiate lower than the Broadcom chipset in the Netgear so I'll have write off the cost of the modem and mark as a lesson of what not to get. I'll stick with what I've got until I get my long promised FTTC.
on 8 March 2016
Excellent! As one would expect from a DrayTek.

It converts an ADSL signal to Ethernet, establishes a very stable connection.

Highly recommended for anyone struggling with their ADSL/2 line speeds and integrated modem-routers.

I use it with a CAT5E twisted pair ADSL modem cable.
on 22 December 2014
Was very difficult to set up. Stable for about 12 months, then started intermittently dying on me... Not great to be honest... I think overheating was to blame. Definitely worth considering additional cooling if you're thinking about purchasing one of these.
on 17 March 2017
Great peace of equipment Thanks
on 28 January 2014
Works really well, no set up plug and go. Works great with apple gear( you get what you pay for !)
on 10 April 2010
Bought this to complement a Apple 1TB Time Capsule Dual-Band WiFi router and replace the DSL WiFi router that comes with O2 subscription. It is very easy to set up and there was a quick guide on draytek's website specifically for O2 DSL subscribers with all the recommended settings.
The connexion works well, is extremely stable, and the download speed is around 20% higher than before - not too sure why that would be, and I was not expecting any significant difference, so it's a good surprise.
Just to be clear - this is a very good wired DSL modem, and nothing more. You will need a router to share the connexion. Which is fine if you already have a wifi router or really want to have dual band WiFi and a DSL connection (when I purchased mine, there was no 5GHz n DSL router, and I don't think there is as of Apr 10).
on 28 December 2010
I am using this ADSL modem with an Apple Airport Extreme. It's very easy to setup. Plug this into the router with an ethernet cable, plug both the router and the modem into an ac outlet and finally set up your ISP settings within the router. It is also much more compact than I thought. I have attached a photo of it sitting on top of an Apple Airport Extreme, next to Western Digitals "elements" external hard drive for comparison.

I was put off initially by some negative reviews of slow upload speeds due to noise coming from this modem. If anything, my up/download speeds have increased and haven't had a problem with that yet.
review image
on 15 July 2010
The Draytek Vigor 120 True PPoE ADSL/2+ Modem is in my opinion an excellent product, which was easy to install and has excellent performance on ADSL 2+ circuits. The modem provided approx 19mb throughput, which was a vast improvement on the Netgear DGN2000 which provided approx 7mb throughput on the same connection.

The Draytek Vigor 120 modem functions exceptionally well with our Cisco ASA 5500 firewall.

A Highly recommended ADSL 2+ solution.

Lee Davies
WebPageOne Solutions Ltd
on 30 July 2012
I am extremely pleased and impressed with this modem with a Linksys EA4500 Dual-Band N900 Router combination, my internet/download speed is now double what it was with a BT Homehub, i have tried a variety of DSL routers over the years before trying separates and nothing has come close to what this can perform , piece of cake to set the 2 up, only hiccup was changing to ppoe in the router setup to acess internet, simple, to date no dropouts on a BT line, highly recommended
on 28 October 2010
Bought to replace an X-Modem device connecting an Apple Airport Express to an ADSL line. Was initially a bit dubious about spending this much but it is a great little device and ideal partner for an Airport Extreme or Time Capsule. You can get way cheaper combined router/modems but if you want reliability, you are better paying for good quality