• Customer reviews

on 4 October 2014
Zinsser is the only paint I use when undercoating woodwork. Far superior to any other paint products on the market. You really do get what you pay for with paint. So, I didn't hesitate to research their advice for painting my shower room ceiling. Bought the Bulls Eye 123 sealer and the Perma-White mould proof eggshell, painting two coats of each. I made sure that each coat had the required drying time before adding the next layer - I think I waited a full week before putting on the eggshell to ensure the sealer had had enough time to do its thing! Several months later the ceiling is still going strong. The steam condenses on to the paint layer - it doesn't absorb at all - and we keep the window open to dry it all. I do occasionally wipe it down with a cloth if my daughter has had a particularly long, hot shower, just to help it dry a bit quicker. Would definitely recommend these two products and bought them at a really good price - charging almost double in my local decorating shop. Delivered promptly. No problems. Very happy customer.
17 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2016
Arrived promptly and secure. Used it to cover bannister which although previously painted, the painters at the time had not rubbed back the varnish of the original coating so some staining came through in places. I rubbed it down a bit and used Zinsser. Followed up with 2 coats of white eggshell and bannister looking good and showing no signs so far of varnish stains coming through. I did however knock the paintwork when completed and all coats chipped off but spot painted it again with the Zinsser and seems to have covered it.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 September 2014
Used for repainting over gloss doors and it gave a fantastic finish. Doors seemed much brighter and whiter than just sanding and repainting. Very easy and quick to use...would definitely use again.
7 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2016
The best primer I used. We needed good base coat under the tile paint. It is very good, dries quickly and white coverage helps to mask what is underneath (for example a horrible tail pattern). Plus comparing to other paints, the smell is not too strong.
on 12 May 2018
As expected, but be careful as lid held on by metal clips, mine came off like a bullet and I was lucky not to lose an eye.
on 13 April 2018
Excellent product, does what it says on the tine, arrived earlier than expected. Could not ask for a better product or service
on 21 April 2017
Despite its weird smell this must be the best primer on the market. Sticks like magnet.
on 17 December 2015
Used it in on kitchen tiles with wilko satin white on top, has stayed absolutely flawlessly snow white so far since I did it about a year ago.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 June 2017
Arrived early and looks good it is just a shame it arrived leaked.
review image
on 4 May 2014
Brilliant!!!! Does what it says on the tin. Painted straight over dark oak varnished wooden stairs with Zinsser then used a top coat paint. would definetely recommend it to a friend.
6 people found this helpful