on 12 April 2010
Chose these speakers over another well known speaker in the same price range due to the more compact size. I am not disappointed. They look great and the sound quality is excellent - I have ended up listening to my whole collection again and every album sounds better than it did before. Music to my ears! A product which truly represents excellent value for money.
on 4 April 2010
Solidly built, very pleasing all-round sound. If anyone out there can find a better-quality pair of speakers that this for the money, I'd love to hear them
on 13 February 2011
I bought these speakers to replace the ones that came supplied with a PURE Sirocco 150 that I use in my office at home and what a difference they have made.

Not only is the sound now well balanced across the range but they are also pretty efficient producing a decent volume from what is not a particularly powerful amp. They obviously don't quite have the room shaking bass of my B&W floor standers but they are great for a smaller room and I don't need bass boost on the receiver any more.

Connections for the speakers are on the underside within a recess and will accept banana plugs or bare wires. The advantage is that these will sit flat on a shelf and are only 200mm deep even when connected as there is no added depth from the speaker wire connections. The speakers come with some foam bungs for the bass reflex port if you position the speakers close to a wall but I have not needed to use these.

I have wall mounted mine with Q Acoustics 2000 wall brackets which cost around £16 each from AV retailers. These allow the speakers to be angled and tilted and come complete with a cover plate that hides all the connections underneath. It does make a very tidy job.

I am really pleased with these little speakers, great sound, great design, great value.
on 6 December 2010
Superb. I have these up to my old Kenwood Amp and an Apple iPod dock. It just blows away any fancy speaker dock for a lot less money. Also good for TV sound from my DVD player.
on 12 February 2011
Best speakers I have owned since my Wharfedale Denton 2XP's in the '70's - good value - read the What Hifi review for confirmation
on 3 July 2013
They are a well-deserved best buy. The build quality is excellent and the sound even better, given their small size (they are no substitute for large speakers in large rooms, they can't deliver enough base. Trust me: I've tried it!) The matching wall brackets are very stylish and sturdy, but should be, given the price!
on 9 June 2011
I got these to replace some much bigger (but fairly old) speakers. They go very well with the Denon RCD-M38 I've connected them to. As reported in other reviews, the bass is not world-shattering, but given their size and price, the sound quality is amazing.
on 2 January 2012
The build and audio quality of these speakers are excellent, and they are forgiving with regard to positioning. However, considering how small they are, don't expect sound that will fill a large room. If size is an issue (I needed something that would fit on my bookshelf) then these are a great buy, if not then I'd suggest going for something bigger.
on 24 April 2015
These small Q Acoustics 2010 standmount loudspeakers are truly sensational - Karl-Heinz Fink who designed them must be an absolute genius! They just have so much detail and sound so transparent that your entire CD collection will sound like you've never heard it sound before. Don't worry about the small 10cm mid/bass driver, or the 68Hz bass figure because they can produce plenty of beautiful sounding 'quality' bass and also sound huge. I've heard many very expensive high end small standmount loudspeakers that can't hold a candle to these little gems. The key to getting the very best out of them is to feed them with a good amplifier and CD player. I also have mine on heavy sand filled Atacama SE24 stands and use 12 AWG cables which improves the bass and they sound quite remarkable. In my honest opinion you just will not buy a more accomplished small loudspeaker regardless of any cost. So to sum it all up then, well these are simply beautifully crafted and superb sounding small standmount loudspeakers for budget money. Period!
on 27 April 2011
I have been purchasing Hi-Fi for well over 40 years. I do my homework by reading reviews and also use my ears. I had NOT had the chance of hearing these speakers and made the purchase on what I had read about them. Big mistake. Though they have a decent mid band the bass is feather light and the treble tones are .............well thery aren't. I have them now hooked up to my iMac via a Teac mini amp. It is about all they are fit for. I guess we get what we pay for.
No problems with the service of the vendor. Item arrived on time with excellent packaging. Disappointing purchase but my own fault for not first hearing them.
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse