Customer reviews

Gelert X-treme Lite 1000 Sleeping Bag RH - Red/Silver/Grey.
Hand Orientation: Right|Colour: Red/Silver Grey|Change

on 30 March 2011
This is a really good sleeping bag and ticks all the boxes that I required. I wanted something really light for camping and also something warm for spring, summer and autumn walks. This bag weighs only 1kg and is rated for comfort at 5.9C, limit 1C and extreme -14.3C. I used this bag when there was frost on the morning ground and didn't experience discomfort at night. It is really comfortable to sleep in and easy to pack away. I have washed it on a cool, quick wash and it has been fine. It is a quality product and I have been really impressed with this.
11 Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2017
Best value for money !
on 9 May 2011
I was really pleased to have found a sleeping bag that is both light-weight and warm enough to handle the cold temps of a Spring camping trip in the hills. Initially I was a little disappointed with the size (larger than expected in it's packed form), but the extra warmth is worth the extra bulk and it definitely doesn't add any significant weight.

Zips, pockets, drawstring and hood all top quality. A great value sleeping bag - would recommend it.
on 16 August 2011
Great packed size, about that of between a tiger loaf from the supermarket and a standard loaf. Light & warm.

I thought i'd just try it out in the middle of the day so I laid down for just 5 mins to see how it felt...1 hour later and I felt refreshed!

One thing, I would like single sleeping bags to be a little bit longer and wider than they are. I have a double sleeping bag when space permits and this single for when I need to keep things to a minimum. At 6'3" I find that all sleeping bags are about 6" too short for me to be truly comfortable and I find the same with the diameter of single bags, it's always just too small, which can initially feel too restrictive for someone my size.

My one had the zip on the left side (when inside). I think that this would be more of a 2 season bag than a 3, maybe if you had an additional blanket this could do spring / summer / autumn comfortably.

Great price. Recommended.
on 25 September 2011
I used this for my Duke of Edinburgh silver expedition, it kept me warm and dry without needing to wear a lot of layers during the wet and windy nights. There is also a little pocket inside the sleeping bag. It is quite light and compact which is perfect when you are needing to travel lightly.

Although, i had a little trouble getting out and back in the bag. I recommend laying it out on a flat surface and then rolling it up.

Also the delivery service was excellent, it was quick and reliable.
on 7 August 2011
It is so small and light that I could no believe it would keep me warm on 5 - 10C. Well it did. and it comes in a nice bag that you are actually able to fit it back. I strongly recommend.
on 5 October 2011
Purchased for a trip to Kilimanjaro. Slept well in temperatures well below zero. Good sized sleeping bag and very lightweight. Compression sack excellent.
on 23 September 2011
I used this at a festival recently. Weather was relatively warm, so no real test against the heat. One particular night there was some ground frost though, but I never felt it when in this bag.

Very comfortable, and neat to carry. Great delivery as always by Amazon.
on 8 January 2013
I used this while cycling through the Caingorns and rough camping at the end of November. I had snow and sub-zero temperatures (around -2 c) and this allowed me a comfortable nights sleep throughout. I will add that I was using a Vango Trek Mat and a Foil Backed Camping Mat, but the combination of all three allowed me to sleep happily in one layer. There are no doubt warmer bags but the size of this relative to its performance gets it 5 stars as opposed to 4.
on 25 August 2012
This is a nice sleeping bag. Well made, it has the look and feel of quality.

I took it on a recent wild camping trip. It's almost too warm for UK summer nights.

Lightweight (1kg) it compresses down to a small size in the compression sack. No need to roll it up, just stuff it into the sack.

I would say that there's a height limitation, if you want use the hood, of about 6 feet/1.83 metres.

See one answered question