on 15 July 2010
I ordered one of these cases in early May. When it arrived I was quite pleased with its apperance, although I'm not sure it's real leather. The problem was that it did not fit the camera, so I returned it requesting either one which DID fit, or a refund. Since then I've been given the complete run-around... They reply to my e-mails, but first couldn't trace the return, and then wanted confirmation of my address, even though I had sent a covering letter with the return. Then it was confirmation of the order number. I then amended my request for a replacement or a refund, to "please sent a refund". I'm still waiting, and it's now the middle of July. I'm afraid I've lost my confidence in this vendor and won't be using them again. It's a shame, as otherwise my review would have been "Looks great, if a little pricey".
on 5 September 2017
As original as it can be, really well made and looks like the old times
on 10 September 2010
I never write reviews however I have bought one of these cases for my new G11, also bought off Amazon on the same day. The case did not fit, I asked for a 2nd case which has duly arrived but is no different from the 1st. I strongly advise anyone from buying this product. The leather is not convincing and is also badly put together. It is impossible to find a phone number for Mr S Franco on the return address. AM
on 25 May 2010
The problem with this is that it's quite obviously plastic, it's far too tight on the camera, it's poorly made so the camera doesn't sit in it squarely and although I suppose that it is obvious, you have got to remove the case every time you want to charge the battery, connect a cable or remove the card.

When I complained and said that it wasn't leather I got a reply saying that it was 'PU Leather', so I Googled it, and it turns out that the use of the term "leather" in relation to this material is considered a misrepresentation and therefore not permitted in the United Kingdom.

The tight fit is more of a problem than you might think too because you can't be rough with an very expensive bit of precision made equipment like a camera. There is nowhere to hold the camera firmly, to shove it into the case, without applying undue pressure to a button or knob.

I would say that it is unlikely that anyone would buy this item if they were to see it and handle it before they parted with their money. Personally I wouldn't pay a £1 for it.
on 7 September 2010
What a disapointement, and a shame! I never review any product but the complete failure of this purchase pushed me to do so.
I purchased this case for my Canon G11, without reading the comments....and I should have had! It was all explained.
First of all, it's NOT leather, despite the description saying. Well, it's not important since it still looks nice, but they don't need to lie on that, I would still have got it.
Then, I was surprised to not find a receipt for my purchase in the package, but instead, a small "home made" note asking me to write a good review for the product on the amazon website...pretty weird.
But the best part was that the G11 simply DOESN'T FIT IN! How good is that?!!
I had to send it back and luckily it wasn't a problem to get a refund for it.
Just a waste of time. It's a shame since making a nice retro case for this camera was a good idea.
on 8 October 2010
I purchased this case for my Canon G11, as you can tell it specifically mentions it is for the G11 but in actual fact it doesn't fit properly. After some stretching & adjustment to the case I managed to fit the camera in but it is still not ideal. For all those looking to purchase this case please be aware, it has a great old school look though & I have received many comments.
on 8 January 2012
I was slightly disappointed with the appearance.
Notwithstanding that it is a 'copy' type leather material, it fails to convey
a quality feel through its appearance.
Today, while in-use one of the fastener buttons broke and this only after very
limited opening and closing use since purchase.
I certainly would not recommend anyone to purchase a similar type product.
The old adage of 'you get what you pay for' certainly has truth in this case, no pun intended.
on 29 April 2013
This is a fabulous little case, well made, strong and protective, made from good quality PU leather, and a great retro design which is completely in keeping with the Leica informed design of the camera. The case functions as it should, allowing easy access for spontaneous shooting, with or without the cover part of the case in place, and the strong stiffened base part of the case holds the camera securely with the tripod screw mechanism. All camera functions are accessible except for the battery and card compartment for which you have to unscrew the the base of the case, but this is so infrequently needed, and relatively easy to do that this slight inconvenience is more than compensated for by the overall quality of the case.
I took a risk with this case, based on an earlier reviewer's using it for a G10, that it would fit my G9, and it does. This camera suits my needs well, and I don't intend to upgrade yet, but it's nice to know that the case will fit later models if and when I do.
I recommend the case unreservedly.
on 23 November 2010
It looks good, looks retro but the powershot G12 didn't fit. I had to bend the sides of the case. I ended up using a hammer and a blunt object to bang out one corner. I managed to loosen it up enough to get the camera in comfortably.

If I hadn't lost my receipt, I would have sent it back.
on 22 November 2010
One word sums up this product, "RUBBISH", and who has ever heard of Plastic Leather. This case is plastic, and does not even fit the camera it is supposed to be custom built for. Save your money and buy the Canon case, more expensive but well worth it.