Customer reviews

Greatest Hits
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 June 2016
This is the 'Greatest Hits' album by James Taylor, first issued in 1976. It's presents 12 fantastic songs - and remains the best-selling album of his career! Taylor demonstrates his amazing talent as a singer-songwriter, as well as a musician, within the genre known as folk-rock (although he often transcends this genre). The songs are beautiful - representing genuine classics (such as "Carolina in My Mind", "Something in the Way She Moves", and "You've Got a Friend"). His vocal style works perfectly with the gentle - often poignant - melody of the music.

Of course, this album no longer represents Taylor's greatest hits - as he's released several albums and singles since 1976. Nonetheless, it expresses the very best of Taylor's work during the early years of his career. If you're a fan of folk-rock from the 1970's, I thoroughly recommend this excellent album.
5 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 July 2017
The greatest songs by one of America's most influential singer songwriters. Although he continues to produce wonderful material even today, there is little argument that his greatest work was done in his early years when he counted luminaries such as The Beatles as fans/supporters. There is no filler here; every song is a beautifully crafted work, with Fire and Rain along with his version of Carole King's You've Got a Friend (has there ever been a better interpretation of a song?) as obvious standouts.
The best greatest hits collection available.
on 16 May 2012
Anyone who is a fan of James Taylor's wonderful voice ought to own this Greatest Hits album. All the hits are here, and it is easy to see why tracks such as "Carolina in My Mind" and "Fire and Rain" made him famous. Although the tracks towards the end of the CD, particularly the live version of "Steamroller", may be less well appreciated by those who only know the hits, it would be well worth your while to buy this just for the first half, and for those with an open mind these slightly less famous tracks are a joy.
12 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2013
I have listened to James Taylor for better part of 40 years an it doesn't get any better than this album featuring the best of this wonderful singer/songwriter. Used to won this back in the vinyl days but sadly lost it so I was delighted to see it listed as a CD with downloadable mp3s. If you are not old enough to remember it first time round, give it a try. My grown up daughters were raised on this and similar kinds of music and still like it even although they have developed their own musical tastes. No way I could give it less that the full 5 stars.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2011
I bought this on the strength of watching a concert he did with Carole King on the telly the other night on BBC4. I've seen other concerts of his, one where he did a rap through a megaphone!!! What next, Fifty Cent doing Bob Dylan songs! I also saw James doing songs on Transatlantic Sessions, which I always enjoy. SO, I decided to start at his greatest hits. I enjoyed listening to it this afternoon, and will be buying more of James' work now. He is a great guitarist and a fine composer, and not even a bad singer!
on 24 July 2017
Replaced a lost/misplaced cd from this masterful introspective singer-songwriter of songs that touches our everyday thoughts.A truly magnificent and timeless compilation
on 16 August 2017
Good product, as described, very good price, very quick delivery, would use again.
VINE VOICEon 4 August 2011
There is not a single track on this CD that I don't like. I bought 3 James Taylor CD's at the same time and listen to them constantly one after another when I am working in my studio. This CD is more than just background music - it is truly delightful and a bit of a nostalgia trip as well - I had forgotton just how good James Taylor was - and is. I am very, very pleased with this and so glad I ordered it.
on 9 April 2018
Great stuff, very happy with my purchase.
on 24 August 2016
Nice relaxing album to listen to when your chilling out at home.
One person found this helpful