on 6 June 2010
After having a bad experience with a cordless phone a number of years ago I have always stuck with the more traditional models. However, as my phone aged and the crackles became so bad that I could hardly hear the caller I decided to bring the house phone into the 21st century and try cordless once more. I made the right decision. This phone is great. If you are used to a mobile then you don't even have to read the instructions in order to programme it. The handset is nice to hold and easy to use whether you have small hands like me or large hands like my husband.

The only minor irritation - and it is minor - is that numbers have to be keyed into both handsets. It would be much easier if numbers could be input into the main phone and automatically copied onto the other handset.

All in all this phone is an excellent buy.
on 16 February 2013
They work ok so far had them just over a week, its very easy to download the manual from the bt website and very easy to copy the numbers from one phone to the next. The screen is a bit small I suppose but doesnt really matter it is really clear.
on 6 September 2010
I read the previous good reviews on this telephone which made me decide to go ahead and purchase. The reviews stated that you could not add your phone number list to the second phone you had to put them in manually. However, on reading the instruction leaflet I found that you can go onto the internet where you will find more instructions to enable you to transfer your numbers to the second phone which I did. Very simple instructions which really they should have included on the manual that came with the phone.
on 13 April 2011
Bought this item after reading previous reviews and think it great value for money.Was delivered in two working days and only took a few minutes to unpack and assemble. Once charged up it was so easy to input all my phonebook names and numbers and then only seconds to transfer them all to the second handset. I find the volume control very useful as my hearing is not as good as it was!! With this phone I can hear perfectly. Would recommend this phone.
on 14 September 2010
Good value for your money. Out of the box and set up in less than 5 minutes. Would recommend to those who do not want to spend a fortune but still get two cordless phones around the home. BT Hudson 1100 Twin DECT Cordless Telephone - Gun Metal/Black
on 17 April 2011
just perfect, easy to set up and understand, especially info for storing all my contact numbers into the phone. Plenty ringtones to choose from and if you like, you can assign a ringtone to a particular person once you store their number. Good battery life and altogether a good buy.
on 17 February 2013
these phones are simple enough to use and the charge holds well. I am not impressed with the range of these phones as they only reach around ten feet from my front door. my last cordless (Panasonic) could reach to my allotment fifty yards from the house.
on 20 March 2013
The phone has a large phonebook capacity and is good value.
Good points:
- It is one of the few phones that can store 100 phonebook entries (the standard seems to be 50).
- Colour screen.
- Polyphonic ringtones.
Bad points:
- Although you can copy phonebook entries between handsets, it will ask you to confirm whether to replace or add a new entry for each existing phonebook entry. So if you have 99 entries on both handsets and you wish to copy the 100th entry from one to the other, using copy all, then you will need to confirm 99 entries.
- The default setting is that the 2nd handset cannot join an existing call, in my opinion, this is the opposite of what you would expect; though you can override the default to allow the 2nd handset to join the call.
on 6 February 2013
great product but struggle slightly with the very small screen. Easy to setup and use - when wearing my glasses. All in all suggest you view this in the flesh so to speak to ensure the screen size is ok for you before buying.
on 11 October 2012
I have had this Hudson 1100 twin phones for almost 4 years now but I dropped one of the handsets and broke the display glass and the speaker phone in the other was not working all the time. I was very pleased to get the same phone again and would certainly recommend it. It is a pity that a booklet with all the details and instructions do not come with the phone but these can be found on the Internet. You can find how to transfer phone names and numbers, once entered into one handset, to other handsets. It only takes a few mimutes. Great value for money as well. I now have 4 handsets and a spare charger! Go for it and you should not be disappointed!