on 2 November 2010
Straightforward, easy-to-use and producing excellent results. Very compact and lightweight - I also fitted my digital still camera along with it into the recommended carrying case. The comparatively small size was a bit of a surprise at first as I had had a dinosaur of a video camera in the past. Touchscreen is easy to use and the controls are obvious, although keep the instruction book handy if you are new to camcorders. The memory card is very straightforward and you can either transfer videos to PC using the enclosed cable and software or (as I do) just flip out the card and use my PC's card reader, couldn't be simpler. I get about 70-80 mins with the supplied battery. I bought a 16Gb card at the same time, this gives me about 2hrs storage at the standard definition i.e. the default one - fine for about 90% of what most people video. The only slightly disconcerting aspect is that on the box it had a bright notice saying 'now's the time to buy a 2nd battery'! Not the best way to reassure new buyers. I guess I will get a second battery at some stage but for usual family events etc. the supplied one is fine. For the price, a very good buy.
8 people found this helpful
on 9 September 2010
I was delighted with the size and how easy it is to use. The clarity is excellent and sound good. Have not tried videoing in dim light so cannot pass comment. I did not have any difficulty with the software but my poor old computer certainly slowed down after I had loaded it. Bateery life is good and filmimg time is more than enough for what I need.I think it is good value for money and I like the touch screen operation.
10 people found this helpful
on 4 September 2012
Bought this camera used like new for £55 including postage. My only gripe is no record indicator light which would be of great benefit in bright sunshine. Otherwise it is superb, the picture quality is clear and i was able to read the writing on a holiday postcard. The zoom is fantastic! Worth up to £150 but not above due to absent indicator light.
on 3 May 2018
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 2 October 2017
this was a gift
on 26 November 2011
The delivery and packing was excellent, Camera and instructions dead easy to follow and video taken on holiday were great and easy to use, the burning to disc cannot be easyer and the method is well instructed in the neat handbook. great still pictures and fun to use due to the cameras size,so much so that another one was purchased as a present which again arrived very quickly, the company should be proud of their service
on 15 February 2012
This was bought because of its size, and to replace an older Sony digital tape camcorder. Everything about it is fine, except that the colour on the film it produces is very poor (in all filming conditions); and so the old tape version is back in business.
on 3 April 2013
Once mastered, this is an easy to use camcorder. It has a nice large screen to see what you are filming and the sound quality is good too.
Can't fault it and so would recommend.
on 12 June 2016