Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 25 January 2009
I am 10 years old and i know you therefore might not find my review very helpful but do carry on reading as i can give you some advice.
This book is really good as it follows all the current Jacqueline Wilson principles: real life matters that we all know of. It is really entertaining and I couldn't put it down. In fact I loved it so much that in 5 days I had finished it. That might put some parents off but don't let it because after a matter of time you could read it all over again and still absolutely love it
I would most definitely urge you to buy this book.
11 Comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2008
My Sister Jodie is a fantastic book. It is a book that once you pick up you can't put down. I love it! I would recommend it to people who like sudden surprises in books; or just love reading and Jacqueline Wilson. It has an unusual ending that is sudden. I'd probably recommend it for readers aged 10 and up. Defnitley buy this book. It's really interesting!
on 28 October 2012
This book is amazing I would recommend it for slightly older people though some younger like 8/9 year old might find it ok. It my favourite book. But warning be ready to cry
on 19 June 2014
I read this book in about 2 days max. I enjoyed it thoroughly, carefully subsiding the rude parts - a warning to parents who may be buying this for a young child it may be unsuitable- It was an enjoyable read for me at the age of 11, but when the accident happened I was crying non stop until midnight at the least. Do not be disturbed or put off by this comment, as I am a very sensitive person and even when the badger died I was crying my heart out. I don't know how to put this book into words to explain how wonderful it is, if I did you would be reading for hours on end, so im just going to say this; My sister Jodie is an excellent, inspiring book, and has an understanding moral with a good meaning. Jodie lived a life full of lies, was teased because of her look and what she does, but none of this affected her. Her mum is always telling her off, sometimes for the things she has done, sometimes vice versa. The joke she tried playing was set up in a very dangerous tower, in the same dress and the same tower of which a lady fell and ended up crippled. This trick went terribly wrong. (spoiler alert) and it cost her life, along with many heartbreaks.

Jodie and pearl are inseparable sisters. Jodie is boystrerous and spends most of her time drinking, bunking off school and getting peircings. Meanwhile, pearl, is quiet, confident and often teased. When the family gets an amazing chance to go and live next to the girls new school, Jodie is reluctant, pearl is mystified. At this new school, things have turned around for Jodie and for Pearl, although Jodie has been keeping secrets... Many girls tease her now, but she doesn't care. When her ghost story ends her up losing her new found love, she plays a trick in the most dangerous tower in the school, the one of which left Mrs Wilberforce crippled... When the trick goes dead wrong, The family end up being heartbroken, losing someone they loved... Maybe moving house wasn't so much of a good idea...
on 8 June 2012
I like this book but not the illustrations. The cartoon style doesnt suit the book and readers can imagine things in their heads btw. Its about how a girl is dependent on her sister, then her sister falls out of a tall building and her mum has a baby so now she has to be a big sister. HOwever, all this happened very close to the end and felt a bit rushed. I think that is JW had started with just after Jody dieing with lots of flashbacks it would be a better book. Also, sometimes Pearl the narrator got on my nerves a bit. She doent see all the care her parents give her, just following jody around. When she receives a notebooks for her birthday, she looks at the blank pages and asks where the story is. She's 11 not 3!
Apart from that I liked this a lot. I just wish Peral was not as pathetic.
on 13 March 2008
I read this book in less than a week. I am a fan of Jacqueline Wilson and have read many of her books. This is my favourite so far. It tells the tale of two sisters and their relationship together. Jodie is the bold daring and cheeky sister and Pearl is the shy quiet one who relies on her sister to speak up for her.
This story has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I strongly recommend it. Jessica S age 11
on 20 October 2008
I absoulutley loved this book!
Pearl is quiet and relies on Jodie her older sister who is bad, boysterus and gets into LOTS of trouble. Their mum and Dad get new jobs at a posh boarding school far away. Jodie has always been the bold one but Pearl is the one that is making progress at school and making lots of new friends. Pearl doesn't rely on Jodie as much as she used to. But Jodie seems to be getting into more and more trouble wither every day.........
This was the best book I have ever read By Jaqueline Wilson or maybe even the best book i have ever read! It was the perfect book for me! x
on 17 April 2013
My 10 year old daughter got this from a book sale and after reading the end she was traumatised very shocking and the description of when Pearl sees the body is traumatic do not read this if you are under 10.
on 15 March 2008
I got this book the day it came out and read it in less than a week. It was a great story with great characters. It is quite different from other of JW's books, but it is still amazing, always wanting to read the next chapter. Overall i think this is the best book i have ever read. Even though the last chapter is really sad :( Becky K, 12 years old. p.s I recommend this book for 11 years and upwards.
on 4 August 2009
I started to read the book and the first chapter I couldnt really get into it but once I got to the second chapter.. Wow what can I say it was fab! I could not put the book down, but the way it was wrote was like a fantasy that you were going to experience along with Pearl and Jodie throug out the book! Pearl & Jodie get along so well, the have their ups and downs but they get over so quick. Jodie is always getting in trouble so easily but yet she can work things out so nicely, Pearl is always the brainy one and never really gets in trouble, but as I started to read about how Jodie had got in trouble for telling the little boys a scary hallaween storie that made them scream throught out the night I felt upset as Jodie is always so good to children. On bonfire night when every on was outside, (this is the last two chapters)Jodie tried to show the little boys there was no such things as ghosts by going up the tower in a freaky white dress, everyone was watching the fireworks when they all spoted Jodie, every one started to scream as Jodie fell out a huge tower window and died. I enjoyed the book so much but tose last two chapters reck the book. Even though it was only a book I started to cry and I was so found of Jodie and then SHE DIED!! Pearl Jodies litte sister was so found of her.I was enyoying the book so much and then my eyes filled with water... I still recomend all readers to buy this book bot only if ....you are ready for a thrill, and a heartbreaking ending! If any girls want to buy this book who have an older sister this book will make you actually know how much she does for you and you will probally not want her to go near any windows which is upstairs and you will want to prtect her. I am the youngest in my family and I only have an older brother no older or younger sister and I know how all my friends would say oh my sister is terrible , I hate her, I wish I never had her.... well I know now to tell my friends from now on how much you should appreciate your older sisters!ANY OLDER SISERS WHO READ THIS SHOW IT TO YOUR YOUNGER SISTER AND EVEN IF I DONT KNOW YOU, YOU MUST BE BRILLIANT. this was wrote by a girl who was heart broken from this book!!