Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 18 April 2017
Sensible advice clearly explained.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 December 2014
I am a counsellor and this book has helped a number of my clients suffering silently. It is well written and easy to read. I would certainly recommend it to others. Indeed I have.
on 9 February 2014
I found some of the suggestions helpful and thought provoking, particularly on communication. Even after many decades of marriage this was helpful.
on 5 March 2015
Nothing wrong with the book, just something wrong with my now ex husband!
on 24 October 2013
Disappointingly outdated and very old fashioned. If you're thinking of buying this book, don't bother, complete waste of your money.
on 16 April 2013
Good quick service, very informative and in great depth, goes very deep into background , from childhood explaining how this can affect us later in life making loving relationships.
on 4 February 2014
My partner and I are slowly working our way through this book and, even in the first chapter it's encouraged us to get a lot of stuff out in the open and understand a bit more about ourselves and the situation we're in. Every few pages there are tasks and talking points and, although difficult and tiring, it's a really helpful way of engaging with the points in the book and, crucially, with each other.

My only criticism is the lack of citation for a lot of the 'facts' given in this book. For example, if I'm being told that my early childhood experiences shape my adult sexuality, I'd like to know who said that, why and what kind of clinical trials were undertaken to establish that as fact. That may just be the Ben Goldacre fan in me, though! I imagine that the lack of clinical background is probably a good thing for the vast majority of people - the extra reading might be a little daunting otherwise.
on 4 February 2009
I bought this book in order to reconnect with my Libido after having a baby. My first impression was that this book might be too demanding and complicated. However, once I actually used it I found the opposite to be true. The exercises within the book were instrumental in facilitating a conversation with my partner, which would not have happened otherwise. It gave us a safe way to talk about issues that we had avoided throughout our relationship, and gave us answers that we would never have come to on our own. I was fearful that our problems were almost insurmountable, but this book led to dramatic results within a few hours.
This book helps to normalize the wide spectrum of reasons for sexual difficulties and provides the tools to look at yourself and your relationship thus generating your own personal profile and solutions.
It can be challenging to look at yourself in this way but it is well worth it.
0Comment| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 June 2013
I bought this because I am having problems with my marriage. I went to relate and found this suggested on their site. The large word Sex on the cover is a little off putting as if you are reading the book in company you get funny looks/feel guilty (?). But the content is useful and easy to read and understand. It hasn't solved my problems yet as my partner won't read it. It came in very good condition and cost £0.01 plus £2.80 postage so can't complain about that. I would recommend this to anyone having problems but perhaps you might want to make a jacket for the cover!
on 18 October 2008
Not bad. This book was older than others I've read, but I liked it well enough. It was informative in the arena of relating to sex--before and after the actual doing of the act. So, all in all, I would recommend it. It's got some good stuff that anyone can apply to their sex lives. Another one I'd recommend: Sex, Your Woman and You: How to Sexually Please Your Woman in the Bedroom and Beyond.