Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 12 September 2007
This book is going to be the best "Blog" book of the year. If you haven't yet read any of Shauna's blog..........why not??? Get logging on, it is truly brilliant. You will laugh, cry, laugh some more and cry again. Her adventures are Amazing!
on 21 May 2008
Firstly I do not have a problem with my weight and read this book to help me understand the plight of some of my nearest and dearest. I am glad I did. Aside from the humility and humour abounding in the book I was amazed at how much there was in it for me - an advanced procrastinator. I discovered that I was not alone. Shauna articulates the condition powerfully and her honest account of how she tackles her procrastinator leaves the reader without excuses (and mine worked reasonably well for years) and motivated to silence their own procrastinator.
This book helped me understand that I can be my own superhero and gently accept my off days without the need to judge and condemn myself and most importantly how to carry on with the task in hand.
My procrastinator continued to offer me excuses and plans of action but instead of thinking "Good idea" I found myself smiling "Nice try"
I recommend this book to anyone who is growing tired of their own excuses particularly if the thought change brings you out in a sweat.
Shauna's story encourages us to be gentle with ourselves and provides many useful methods to manage the transition from unable to entirely capable.
on 12 January 2008
I have been reading Shauna's blog since 2002, but reading the portable version all at once (with a little more background information about her life, which only made me identify with her even more, to the point of crying myself to sleep two nights in a row) hit more of a nerve with me than the bits and pieces of it over the years. The impact of where she started, to where she is now, and how she did it, is incredible. This book is funny, inspiring, tear-jerking, heartwarming, blood boiling... I laughed out loud and cried real tears and I never wanted it to end!! Thank God she has a blog.

Shauna is just going to have to live with the fact that she is, indeed, a Weight Loss Superhero, whose mask has been uncovered and true identity revealed! And we love her!
on 14 December 2014
i love love love this book!!!!! From the first page it just sucks you in!!! I love Shauna. Her writing style is easy. Her honesty is refreshing. She's just a girl (with a great talent for writing) telling her story. I wish any and everyone would read this book!!!
Shauna, if you ever read this, you have a gift. Write more books!!!! You are awesome!!!
on 5 March 2015
This is a nice, readable book. In the middle it gets a little bit boring - it's OK, but it's just someone's life. I hadn't followed Shauna's blog before this, so I didn't really feel invested in her travels around the world and moving to Scotland. But she achieved something very difficult with all that weightloss, and most of the book is an interesting description of her journey from bigger to smaller.
on 8 January 2008
As per usual with her blog, Shauna captures the soul of the weightloss journey. This is not your how to dietbook, but rather an inspirational journey through the emotional ups and downs that we all experience as we struggle with weight or any other self improvement project. The amazing part of Shauna's story is the fact that she managed to continually reinvent her weightloss process as she blossoms in her personal growth. It will make you belly laugh, make you cry and finally shout for joy with her success. She Rawks!
on 7 January 2008
I've been reading Shauna's blog for years, and her new book is just as inspiring. She describes perfectly just what is going through most of our heads as we struggle with learning to like ourselves, whether we're plump or not! Her writing style is very easy to read... its more like you're sitting across a table with her in a cafe just chit-chatting with your best mate. I recommend this book, especially for teenage girls struggling with body image issues. Moms should definitely get this one for their daughters!
on 18 August 2014
Great reading if you have always been a dieter like myself but never got to that elusive goal weight - its very motivating! I really enjoyed this book and cant describe how I felt reading all her crazy thoughts which were exactly the same as mine - made me realise how many others must have the same awful negative thoughts about their size. She won the battle doing it all the sensible way - so glad I read this book and I really recommend it!
on 3 May 2008
This book is fantastic! We should all applaud Shauna for being brave and honest enough to share her story with us.
There are so many moments in this book when you think 'wow, I've done that' or 'thats how I feel'. Shauna writes it in an extremely entertaining way. I lost count of the times I laughed out loud.
This book will brighten your mood and make you want to take on the world! It did me!
A must read!
on 5 February 2013
I'd seen this recommended on the WeightWatchers forums for ages, eventually got round to buying it and read the whole thing in a day. It's a well written account of her struggle with the weight and for those of us who do have weight problems that's what it always is. Two weeks being bad can ruin weeks of being good. The honesty and the ups and downs will ring true with everyone who's tried to lose weight.