on 5 April 2017
I am a very fussy reader ! I like my books to be historically correct, a damn good read, a book that I find difficult to put down and a book that surrounds your mind with the sights, smells and language of ancient Rome. Ben Kane does all of that, I can only count a handful of authors that have inspired me to read all of their books and Mr Kane has done that. I would highly recommend his books to anyone.
on 30 April 2017
Excellent follow up
on 2 February 2012
I have this on my Kindle, and it is a great story, though obviously you should read part one first! Faction about Rome is all the rage, and though the Legions were, generally , invincible, their leaders could be stupid! I loved the book, it is escapist travel stuff but probably just a bit imaginary.
on 6 April 2017
A most enjoyable second instalment of the journey of our "heroes" ... my interest was held from first page to last and I could not wait to get to the end and start "The Road to Rome"
on 1 June 2017
Recommended read - 5 *
on 9 March 2017
not bad
on 17 November 2011
Great 2nd part of the 3 book series, well worth the purchase price, as usual the prompt delivery via Amazon can be expected! ( If you have not read the first book "do it" as this is one big story, in part factual history, not three separate stories! )
on 15 August 2017
Great riveting read,a proper mans book!