on 14 August 2017
It's ok, but it is an old book, probably revised. I first borrowed it in 1994, and it did help then. Is it really in-tune with the new world of Millennials and the Internet generation? Due to entering IT in 1994, I'm now too old to be interviewed by many people.
on 20 May 2017
Small book with a few hints. Didn't help with any interviews though.
on 17 August 2017
Great read. Straight to the point. I'm planning to buy the other books of the series.
on 1 May 2017
Very insightful and helpful little book
on 21 May 2017
Really helpful
on 14 October 2012
This book is so good that we buy it 5-10 copies at a time to give to interns and others who have interviewed and "struck out" repeatedly. You know by the time someone is spending the time to interview you, on paper you meet the job description. This tells the candidate how to get the interview right. Everyone I know who we have had read this has fixed many of their interview problems - buy it for your kids, your nephews and nieces, your interns and students - and expect to keep buying new copies to hand out.
on 1 May 2009
I went for a significant promotion and this book really helped me prepare. I bought it five days before the interview and found it easy enough to read a couple of times and focus on the chapters i needed. It's simply written, very easy to relate to and contains a number of interview gems!
on 11 March 2014
This book is very short - you can rattle through it in less than an hour, which is probably a good thing. I don't think there is anything very new in it but it does focus the mind and there are some useful tips.
on 10 December 2013
A very engaging, almost chatty, guide. It has short and punchy chapters, and avoids the trap of sounding stuffy and jargon-laden. It gives some really helpful insights on interview preparation and carrying it out on the day. You'll definitely feel more confident and ready to give a good account of yourself after reading this, as it outlines out some effective responses, as well as common pitfalls to be avoided. Overall, well worth the investment.
on 6 November 2013
I first bought this many years ago, I can honestly say that since then I've lost count of the work i've won and jobs I've obtained as a result of the techniques I learnt from this book! I approach interviews now, supremely confident that I'll know as much as the interviewer, and ready to expect the type of questions I'm usually asked!
Not a very thick book, but without a single wasted page! Top marks Mr Eggert! 10/10 !