on 3 May 2017
Another great read from Mr Dawkins, I can highly recommend it. I still can't believe that evolution is still regarded by many as a lie, maybe they should open their minds, and, open this book.
on 27 June 2017
very informative with a good amount of evidence to back up hypothesis well edited and delivered. the book was in perfect condition.
on 29 June 2017
This is a very well written, clear and easy to understand book on evolutionary theory. Highly recommended for all studying it
on 22 April 2017
Really interesting. Love Dawkins writing style.
on 23 August 2010
I'll keep this brief. This book is a terrific read. I read The God Delusion a couple of years ago, and would describe that book as life changing. TGSOE gives a fascinating insight into evolution. Well recommended!
on 2 December 2012
More clear and well explained evidence for evolution, approaching the subject from many angles Dawkins puts his argument over in his usual well explained prose. I admire Dawkins for tenaciously fighting for a subject we should all understand and children all over the world need to be taught at school, alas it won't be read by the people who should read it, evolution is without doubt the most important discovery that man has stumbled upon it tells us why we are here and what we are culturally and biologically and our place on this planet we share with the animal kingdom.
on 3 April 2017
great
on 27 April 2017
GOOD
VINE VOICEon 18 February 2010
The Greatest Show on Earth is not quite the greatest book in the Dawkins canon, but it provides a decent introduction to the facts that underpin evolution. The main questions about evolution are answered here, making it a very useful resource for a beginner looking to find out more about the subject.

It doesn't quite make five stars as I found another Prof Dawkins tome, The Ancestor's Tale, covers the subject in greater depth and delves into more areas that are not so widely known. But if you haven't read The Ancestor's Tale and don't know much about evolution I would certainly recommend this as a starting point.
on 9 August 2015
Well presented, informative and very interesting. I brought the hardback version of this book when it first came out and very much enjoyed reading it. As Dawkins explains this isn't an attack on religion like his previous book but instead is an account on the evidence we now have for the theory of evolution. It's a very good account for the layman. Unfortunately his tone is unlikely to persuade any creationists and at one or two points I felt slightly like he was trying to update Darwin's Origin, but overall I really enjoyed this book. The chapter 'a tree of cousin-ship' is particularly good.