on 7 November 2012
First thing you should know is, this not a miracle product. It's not like in the adds that you just pass the steam and that is it. I'm just saying this because so people understand that this is a great machine but doesn't do miracles.What it does is help the cleaning jobs so much easier and faster.
Let's go from the beginning:
1-It comes in a bag that is very handy to keep all the accessories that comes with the machine, and there are a good few.
2-It heats up quite fast (5-10 minutes). It's not something to use like if you spill something on the floor (for that is the mop) but for a good house clean.
3- It has a large water tank, I have a 80sqm2 apartment and I clean it in one go, floors, carpets, bathroom, kitchen the whole lot.
Best using for:
1-Cleaning the floor. I use this every week, because I have dog and it bring dirt and mud home all the time, it makes my life so much easier. So much better that a mop, don't have use cleaning products, carry the bucket in your arms and because it steam it dry up in no time.
2-Kitchen. Oven, hob, fridge you name it. But here is why I made my remark about miracle maker. For thought burnt dry grease in your oven or cookers, it doesn't comes straight away, the steam almost lifts and get the greasy soft so after you just have to pass a cloth and if it is really dry maybe some degreaser but instead of having to be scrubbing like crazy just a little scrub and it all should come out.
3-Bathroom, very good for the bathtub and all the lime-scale around the taps and metal parts.
4-Other use. I find it very good to clean some stains in delicate cloths like silk skirts or blazers. It's also very good cleaning sofas and curtains.

All and all very good machine, it will safe you some money in cleaning products and make your cleaning task much easier.

Ouh yeah and I'm a man that wasn't used to do the cleaning around the house but to help the missis I had to do my part and with this machine it's not too bad.
11 Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 December 2012
I had been looking for a good steamer for ages and was about to buy one advertised on TV when my sensible partner looked at the reviews! So after googling steam cleaners we came across the Polti Vaporetto 950. Reviews were good to excellent so we decided to go for it.We received the cleaner within days of ordering, A good start! the steamer comes in a very practical bag and I must say the product is fantastic, easy to use,fairly light and very efficient. It is ready for use in a few minutes and I have been steaming everything in sight for days!the cat is keeping away from me, she probably thinks she 'll be next! I've cleaned my cooker and the results are fantastic, gone are the stains! I have cleaned the wall behing the cooker effortlessly. My bathroom too has never been so clean, the taps look new and the bath tub is gleaming! I highly recommend this steamer, it is very good for the money and very simple to use. There is a handy safety button to prevent accidents. Would not be without it now:)
on 4 September 2014
I have previously had a hand steam cleaner so knew some of the tricks of using steam for cleaning. I wanted this cleaner to clean my carpets. I knew it wouldn't clean them in a way a carpet cleaner does. But for my war on moths in my bedroom carpet, I've seen a little improvement so I will be keeping it.
For general cleaning, its not magic, I still have to wipe up any dirt that zaps out from nooks and crannies, but again I'm happy with that.
The only faults I have found so far is:
The power lead is short - so I've used an extension lead.
Whilst in use, but left standing for a while, it will accumilate water in the hose, so will then jet out water. I have a bucket close to hand to "pulse" it before using again so I don't soak anything.
None of these faults particularly bother me and I cant see they would be much different with any other similar steam cleaner.
The positives of this cleaner are:
I have a dog, it's great for mopping up muddy paw prints on my beautiful kitchen tiles,
Cuts down on doggy smells on dog beds and carpets.
I like that I can adapt my own cleaning cloths for this cleaner. I cant get stung with the expense of having to buy specific cloths for it.
Its got one highest steam outputs on the market. Something which the EU are kindly changing!
I'm not a steam cleaning nutter but its nice that I don't always have to use chemicals to clean my house.
I read so many different steam cleaner reviews before buying this one. I'm happy with my purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 February 2013
I bought this as I wanted a steam cleaner not only to steam clean my floors, but to steam clean windows and to use for other cleaning jobs. First use was fab was easy to use and set up, lots of different tools for all jobs. I was impressed, so a few weeks later I used it again but noticed water was leaking through the handle where the plastic casing joined it was only a little so I carried on using it, but on my third use it was leaking out the handle so much I was unable to use it as it was burning my hand! Another thing that was bad was it was hard to hold down the button to steam, so hard that the day after first use I was in agony with my hand! Overall this is a good product but due to cheap manufacturing not really suitable for the job!
I praise amazon on their returns policy as it has been quick and easy!
on 14 May 2013
Bought refurbished item for £50 from Amazon-new price £75. All seems fine. Steam jet a bit too full on to see what you are doing, especially if wearing glasses, but clears quickly without leaving a wet mess.

Cleaned an antique velvet chair beautifully leaving it damp to touch. Dried in 12hrs on a wet day. This has paid for itself on this task alone, as it would have cost £80 to have a man in.
Steam button a little hard to press with thumb but at least this prevents accidental (painful)steaming. Boiler takes enough water to steam continuously for 1hr and heats hot water to a steam in 5 mins. Green light to indicate steam is ready to save spraying water inadvertantly.

Cleaning done in less than half the time conventional cleaning would take. Agree with previous reviews not to waste money buying floor mop towels, There are 2 clips on floormop to secure DIY mops made from old towels and an elastic band can secure them to the nozzles.

Solid machine that sounds a buzzer when approaching an empty tank. Wheels around easily though flex only about 5 foot. Wire,brush and angled nozzles, upholstery tool and floor mop, 1 sock and 1 floorpad included. Both washable.

Great product at a great price delivered to a rural area in 48hrs. Would buy a refurbished item again based on this purchase.
on 4 March 2015
Fantastic steamer. It is the first one I have bought. I have used it on mould, my hard flooring, and even my leather setee, all came up great. The only drawback is the lead isn't very long so when cleaning the floors you have to keep moving the plug. The steam seems to last a reasonable amount of time and it is quite easy to re-fill. The attachments are all very usable and it comes in a sturdy black bag to store it all away.
on 28 December 2014
What a great machine. This is my second Vaporetto 950 and amazingly the price from the Electric Shop was two pounds cheaper than my original purchase three years ago. Ordering was simple and efficient, the company despatched quickly and informed me that my purchase had been despatched.
The Vaporetto itself is deceptive, because the price suggests it may be inferior in performance to more expensive steamers but this thing just keeps delivering high power steam long after other devices have run out off puff, and you have to wait a short time until they recover. All the tools supplied are of good robust quality. Suffice to say I am really happy with this purchase. Oh my original Vaporetto still works well and has been given to a family member.
on 20 June 2013
This is the first steam cleaner we have bought and so far it has performed faultless.Easy to use and set up and comes with plenty of attachments. My only comment is that the trigger for the steam release is a little hard to operate and can get quite warm from the steam.
on 5 October 2013
I do like this steamer. I run a small cleaning business so we use it in many houses and eventually the black hose does always come apart from the body of the machine - as you cannot help (when you are in a hurry) but pull the steamer around from the hose. If you treat it carefully, i.e. use the handle to move it across the room then I can see no problem. I have had many other steamers and the same thing happened. Because this is a very powerful steamer I would still order one again as its not too expensive, I just have to explain to anyone who uses it, take care and it will last aswell as do a lovely job!!
on 9 April 2016
Good guys responded to all my emails great value great product the money I save on no longer purchasing cleaning products will pay for the steamer in four months It is not often you find stores willing to help as much as dirt buster did Thanks again
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse