Customer reviews

on 10 March 2011
I bought these to 'test them' against the plastic seed trays. I have to say I much prefare these and, unlike the plastic seed trays, they will be hassle-free when it comes to placing the pellets in the ground. No more having to try to get seedlings out and risking damaging the delicate roots. I have only sowed seeds in them 2 days ago and already some are germinating. I'll be buying more pellets in the future and throwing away my plastic trays.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2017
These are wonderful for starting off plants. I've used them on and off for a few years, 1st time buying through Amazon. These are so easy to use and leave no mess, which is great if you haven't got a greenhouse or potting shed where you can make a bit of mess with compost, pots, etc. Just pop your seeds in the middle, water, stand on a warm windowsill and hey presto, in a few days/weeks you have seedlings. Just keep it topped up with water and then when the seedlings are big enough you can put into a pot with compost to grow on and then transfer outside once aclimatised. I put mine on a tray used for long windowboxes as you can get a lot on it and maximises production.
on 26 June 2016
I was bored with sowing seeds with compost (all that sieving into pots with all that mess) and thought I'd give these a try.
They are great to watch when water is added.
They leave an easy hole for individual seed planting and to be able to sow the seedling directly into the ground with the pellet is so easy.
I have been using these with a custom propagator, which really makes thins easy.

If you want a simple way to sow seeds, here it is.
on 23 March 2014
When these arrived in the post, I was suspicious whether or not they would suit my needs. After soaking in water for an hour (I couldn't wait overnight like the instructions say) I planted my seedlings. It didn't feel like potting soil but more like mulch, which is why I was suspicious. My lupines, poppies, petunias, and rudbeckias have taken off though! The results speak for themselves. Great value, great product.
on 30 September 2012
These pellets are excellent. Having purchased some in a local DIY/Garden Centre at a dearer price, I discovered Amazon sold them at a better price and I got more for my money! Quick delivery and have since grown several plant cuttings successfully. Can't rate them highly enough.
on 26 November 2011
so simple, place in a tray, place seed in centre, water, (hopefully) grow,then pot or plant out, cheap, easy,and cleaner than compost, and easy to pot on or plant out, less chance of any damage to the seedling, and lighter to carry than a bag of compost,
on 19 March 2015
So glad I decided to givethese a go. Fitted 15 into the propogator and planted courgette and butternut squash seed. Ten days later I have potted on. The modules were intact and roots growing through the coir. So clean and easy! I shall never be without these little treasures again.
on 10 July 2015
Have used for flowers and pepper plants, some have grown well, others not so. Probably the seed and not the pellet. Seems to do a good job for most things. Don't try large seeds in them, they just don't do the job - use a pot.
on 2 June 2016
When I used these I did no what to expect but,was willing to try .On fist use they do just what they say ,the seed grew quickly,and best of all no fiddly transporting of seed.Great product and does just what it says on the tin I will buy more.
on 19 April 2011
These coir pellets were easy to use. My children loved watching them grow. We had an amzing number of seedlings sprout (much more than expected) and they grew very quickly. After only one week after planting the corgettes were 4cm. brilliant product which I highly recommend.