1,408
Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Orange/10.8volt|Change

on 12 March 2010
I had a hand held vac many years ago (so long I don't even remember the make) and it was so useless which is why I hadn't used one untill now, anyway, i'm so glad I tried THIS one, it's pretty impressive, great suction and easy to use, not too heavy, which is great for someone like me who has athritic hands, and so much easier than having to get out my full size cleaner for a quick clean up. Very pleased with it.
0Comment| 335 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2010
This is a great little vacuum which does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is perfect for all the bits of mess around the home that need hoovering up but dont require you to get out the full size machine. It can sit in a cupboard as once charged, it doesn't need to sit in a charger between uses. Is simply recharges with a cable (like a mobile phone) when needed. It seems to run for a fair while and be quite powerful. However it is not designed to do half an hour's car cleaning. That is a different type of small hoover. It could of course be used for a quick clean up in the car but not an in depth all over car clean.
There is a great and solid nozzle that extends out of the front which is good for getting into corners and down the back of the sofa. It open easily to empty and access to the filter is also easy.
Very good tool for a fair price and sturdily built.
0Comment| 440 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2010
The Vax Gator has probably got to be the best handheld vacuum I have had. Having two cars in the family with two daugters aged 2 and 4 years, you can just imagine the carnage in the home and car with crumbs and mess all over the place.

Thanks to this little handy vac, the problem just got easier to deal with. No more having to bring out the upright to deal with the mess every half an hour, this little beauty sits in the kitchen and is ready to use as we need it

The main features are it's extremely quiet and definitely has the most powerful suction of any handheld vac I have used. The gator also looks very smart in any room, very well designed and ergomically sits in your hand like an extension.

What I particlary like is the recharging facility, unlike having to sit in a lrage cradle, you have a plug in charger, just like a phone and it's a pretty quick recharge so spot on for not having clutter around the house.

If you are seriously looking for a good handheld that says what is states on the tin, then look no further

Zah
11 comment| 254 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 September 2010
After a series of inferior cheap hand held vacuum cleaners, I am really pleased with the vax gator. It seems really powerful and efficient.
on 8 March 2010
Only had this a few days, opened the box all i found was the hand held gator which was bright orange,and a black cable with a plug on it and an instruction manual. Was surprised there was no charging station I have since found this is a plus as you only need to plug in the gator to charge, not worry about the gator being in the cradle or not. The gator has a well shaped handle, feels well balanced in my hand, not to heavey, great for cleaning around the kitchen or around the chairs in the lounge, picking up crisps and crumbs, best of all it the extendable pull out crevise tool, i found it fantastic for cleaning my car.
on 11 March 2010
I must say when it first arrived i thought it would not be able to pick up much.. but i was releaved when i switched it on and found the suction to be quite powerful!!, it is easy to use and the battery lasts a while in comparison to another one i had that would die after whilst using it!.. it has a great nozzle for getting into corners and is great for cleaningh the car (we live in a flat). We absolutely adore this little nipper.. it would be great if it came in some more funky colours. We have loved this from the moment we have used it!
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2010
I bought this to keep a small room clean and maybe a few others on a daily basis. I didnt want to use the big vacuum everyday (with all due respect Henry seriously needs to lose weight) and since a handheld dyson is far too expensive (also apparently seriously short battery life) and other handhelds have hit and miss reviews I settled on this. Not exactly cheap but a very good company VAX is.

I think its pretty good overall....its easy and simple to use. It has great suction and is fairly nimble for its size (it is deceptively bigger than the picture suggests). It has a great battery life and is easy to empty/clean. Comes with a good warrenty which is simple to activate.

The bad points. This is always going to be one with handhelds and is the battery life could be longer. Under heavy duty tasks one after the other the battery does wain and will run out. Its great at doing the tasks just dont expect it to clean the entire house in one go. The real bad points are that it takes an age to charge (literally all night!). The worst thing about this vaccuum is the total lack of an indicator to say when the battery is fully charge! Basic and elementry mistake from VAX. Unbelievable. It also get filled pretty quick, the way the filter gets clogged just amazes me. Has dust and all the crap. So emptying is a bit useless as it all gets in the filter. I personally have to clean the filter to empty the damn thing.

This is just me nit picking. Take nothing away from VAX, great suction and great easy product to use. Would recommend to buy it and at least give it a go.
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 June 2010
After 7 years of getting the big hoover out after the kids have eaten - i decided that I would invest in a decent handheld and Im sooo glad i chose this one. Its easy to use and to empty. ( and light enough for the kids to use - they love hoovering up their own mess and have even named our gator 'ALI'!!)
It charges up like a mobile phone so there's no need to leave it sitting on the base unit that most other handhelds use. once it was charged up, i hid it away behind a table in the living room so whenever there's crumbs its quick and easy to grab hold of and clear up. I am seriously annoyed at myself for not buying this hoover years ago, it would have saved me so much time and effort! would DEFINATELY recommend this item.
on 14 March 2010
Vax Gator H90-GA-B Rechargeable Handheld Cleaner
I received this little orange colour ,light weight helper ,I was really happy and excited because I always found it really hard to go to petrol pump to clean my car.
But this rechargeable cleaner solves all my problems, so now only thing I have to do is to charge it and clean my car whenever am free.
It has great suction power and easy to use .
It also helpful if u have little kids home like mine loves to eat crisps and make mess .so what u need to do is tell them to clean their mess and they are more than happy to use this little magic to clean as they
on 7 March 2010
Only had this a couple of days, and I absolutely love it. Plug in, charge and use. I've had handhelds before and always been majorly disappointed, and returned them to the shop. The Gator is brilliant though, in fact I'd like to clean the whole house with it. My toddler eats at his own table in the front room, the Gator is perfect for the mess he makes, great pull out nozzle at the front..ideal for inside my tumble dryer.