Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 March 2010
If it hadn't been for her exposure on Internet radio (Dig Music,Oz), I may have never loved Sarah Blasko. Her pure gentle voice is exceptional. This talented artist has me captivated by her audible beauty. This, her third album, has been critically acclaimed in Australia and I'm delighted to see it released in the UK. Take a listen to this creative singer-songwriter. Maybe your ears will fall in love with her music like mine did.
on 19 March 2010
Sarah Blasko has built up a huge and devoted following in Australia, and she did it the old-fashioned way: great song-writing, wonderful records and an untiring campaign of tours and festivals. This is her third album, and the first to be given a proper release in the UK. 'As Day Follows Night' has a timeless quality: recorded in a snowbound Stockholm studio with Bjorn Yttling (Lykke Li, Camera Obscura) as producer, the album has no electric guitars or synths. The songs are simple and direct, and together they form a coherent reflection on heartbreak and hope. Over a wonderful, shifting pattern of flamboyant piano, jazzy stand-up bass, strings and the occasional musical saw, Sarah Blasko gives us her best vocal performance yet; and it is the voice - its purity, its power, its pathos - that will haunt you.

Like a previous reviewer, I found Sarah Blasko's music by chance on the internet; with the launch of this album, the radio play that Sarah is now starting to get (Save 6Music!), and her forthcoming UK tour, it's looks like she will be making a lot of fans over here as well.
on 9 June 2010
In my opinion, the most consistent Blasko album yet. I really like the old style production, which really suits the songs. I would recommend this to anyone.
on 17 November 2010
An amazing album! An amazing talented singer-songwriter. Heard "AS DAY FOLLOWS NIGHT" by chance on a record store listening post a few days after UK release; it immediately captivated me, literally from the first seconds of the first track Down On Love - I bought it there and then - and it's not let me go. Sarah Blasko - a truly enchanting voice, incredible textured and atmospheric production, and, perhaps most of all, sincere, mature and honest - sometimes haunting - songs and felt lyrics that linger in your head and, dare I say it, your heart, yet generally in an upbeat accessible tone. I nearly mentioned which songs stand out but then realized that, each in their own different character, all the songs standout, maybe because they all deal with, and seem rooted in, real emotion. Note: there appear to be some extra songs only on the Australian cd issue -- among others, Out Here On My Own, Xanadu (yes, Xanadu, but a tearfully sincere cover with simple piano accompaniment that makes it not just brand new, but completely her own, and reveals Sarah Blasko's incredible interpretative insight and sensitivity; she's done the same with other covers too, including Hey Ya! (!) making you experience them in a completely new light) -- some of which are available as downloads. Even without them, this is a totally consistent album deserving, once word gets out, a much wider audience. *****
And btw, her earlier album, "What The Sea Wants, The Sea Will Have", revealing her path to As Day Follows Night, is excellent too.
on 13 August 2011
Reading the other reviews here, I guess I'm inviting disagreement by only giving this three stars. Why? I really like the songs. Her voice is haunting, lovely, and perfectly pitched. The production is classy. It was only after several listens that I began to skip tracks halfway through them, because they are so tiring on the ears. Sarah's voice is so distinctive, she sings in the same register all of the time - and she rarely actually stops singing to let the songs "breathe". Even in short songs, it begins to grate. I challenge anyone to get through to the end of "Is my Baby Yours" without getting this feeling - and it's only three-and-a-half minutes long! Have you even had a tasty bite from a buffet and then eaten too many of the same kind? This album is like having a 12-course meal entirely of prawn vol-au-vents. As a result, only about three songs have managed to stay on the ipod....
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2013
Discovered SB a short while ago and glad that I did. This album is up there with the best and after catching her live performance at the Barbican it is obvious that she is a talent to be reckoned with. The songs are unique, original and beautifully construcuted. My only critism is that she should lighten up a bit more. For instance, when listening to songs such as "Hold on my heart" it becomes obvious that her full potential is being realised. More like this please.
on 14 August 2013
Wonderful music from a brilliant artist...fantastic album. I know about her on utube for the first time and I loved her music...
on 8 September 2010
I had never heard of Sarah Blasko until I saw her play at a festival in Auckland earlier this year. I had to get some of her published work and I chose this album as it featured prominently in her set. Brilliant songs, great voice, stunning presence, cute dress. This vinyl editions smells great when you open it for the first time and the packaging is very nice indeed. An excellent album, one I'm very happy to have in my collection.
on 19 October 2010
There was a time i Was listening for Feist...great voice, great new folk electro...
there is a time for the new BEST songwriter-singer of the "intelligent" folk-pop genre...great voice, BUT really great voice: great modulation and variety of tonalities...superb strings, viola violin cello...minimal and delicate base, sweet dream album!!!! BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx Miss Sarah!!!
on 26 May 2016
Beautiful album. Can't stop playing this. I discovered this only a few months after discovering Tame Impala. I had thought the only band in Australia was Men at Work!