on 11 March 2015
I normally by the Cacao/Chocolate version of this but as Amazon had it listed for an extortionate price for a number of weeks, I opted for the Vanilla. Having tried both, with the same measurements, I would definitely recommend the cacao/chocolate over this. This doesn't taste bad (to me), perhaps as I am used to and fond of the chocolate. It certainly isn't revolting, it doesn't have a strong smell either. The flavour is much more subtle than the cacao - it has just a hint of vanilla to it.

The texture remains grainy and bitty and clumps together so requires a thorough mix (I highly recommend the blender bottle for this as the ball provided mixes it well). It can become gloopy if left to sit, and so I advise drinking it straight away and if you do happen to leave it for a while just add some water to dilute it and mix well.

I do recommend this as a healthy meal replacement, it is not a milkshake and if that's what you are after, you should probably look elsewhere. If you are used to the highly flavoured protein shakes then this will come as an unwelcome shock to your tastebuds, as it isn't particularly sweet or flavoursome.
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 June 2014
I have this every other day as an alternative to my green breakfast smoothie. The ingredients list is fantastic and I love the fact that a lot of the grains and pulses are sprouted. Keeps me full all morning and I actually have a lot more energy with this
This is a natural organic product without anything artificial so it does taste a bit bland however I add a banana, almond/cashew milk and ice cubes and it turns into a delicious shake.
on 13 June 2015
When I first tried this I just had it with water and I would agree it's not incredibly palatable that way, but if you make it the right way it's delicious.
It's important to put it in a blender to get rid of the powderiness.
In the blender I put:
200ml fat reduced coconut milk
150ml water
2 scoops of Raw Meal powder.
I give it a good blend and then pour it into a glass. If you keep a bottle of filtered water in the fridge and store your coconut milk in there too it's lovely on a hot day.
on 3 January 2017
This is very grainy. I normally buy Vega One and thought I'd try this for a change. Afraid to say I would go back to what I was prev using as this doesn't taste amazing but will finish the tub as the sustenance you get from just one serving is brilliant. It fills you up too, but I do add frozen banana which prob adds to the bulk. Big shame as still haven't found a Vegan shake mix that I can actually just mix on it's own without tasting like cardboard :(
on 7 February 2016
If you want to feel better than you have in years, look so much healthier and increase your energy than this is the product for you! I so wanted to give this a 5 but in the name of balance it is a 4. As mentioned it makes you feel so much more healthy within days of starting on this, a friend pointed me in the direction of this when I became unable to eat solid foods, gluten, meat and dairy. I was making making fruit and veg smoothies, Unfortunately whilst getting loads of vitamins I was sorely lacking in protein and fats. I have 2 scoops twice a day and mix it in my nutribullet with kale or spinach and lemon. As already said the texture isn't great (just force it down until you are used to it) my reason for the 4 stars however is the overly sweet taste - I have to add a bitter veg to take down the sweetness. It is only sweetened with stevia but way to sweet. I have a sweet tooth and it is still way too sweet for me. Invest in your health and give it a try. Even once I am recovered and able to eat solid foods I will replace at least 1 meal a day with a shake
on 12 February 2015
I'm very pleased with this purchase. It's a bit thicker in consistency than I expected, but it's really nice! I was expecting it to taste worse than it does, so I made the error of mixing it with fresh fruit juice. It was way too sweet. I mixed it with soya milk next but it was too thick. Finally, I mixed it with water and it was a better consistency and it tasted good too.

I wanted something warm to eat when I came home late and had this in a bowl with warm milk, water and honey (no real need for the honey actually). It made a great porridge. I was careful not to make it too hot as I didn't want to damage the enzymes in the raw meal.

The ingredients are of the highest quality, I feel very full after having this and it exceeds the 30g of protein I want for my breakfast each morning. It ticks all the boxes, so I'm buying another one just to keep at the office.
on 24 February 2014
Ok so I read a lot of reviews on this product and decided to try it anyway. I was looking for a meal replacement as I am trying to lose baby weight - this flavour is not bad and it doesn't taste as chalky or as disgusting as some people have made out but it smells bad to me so I hold my nose and just down it - that works for me!
I have been using it for a week now, I have not lost any weight, it doesn't keep me as full as I hoped it would (but I exercise 5-6 times a week) I am not hungry for about 2 hours and then I need to eat. It's full of good stuff so will finish it but not sure I'd buy another one.
Only given 3 stars as it doesn't keep me full and it smells bad.
on 29 April 2013
This product isn't full of sugar so isn't going to taste like a milkshake. It is a genuine health food product and I am please I found it. If you whisk it with fruit juice and soya milk it tastes fine.
on 5 May 2017
This meal replacement is such a great product and a great way to boost your protein intake without relying on animal sources or soy. Doesn't taste as grainy as other Vegan proteins and definitely sweet enough (but not overtly so). I was hesitant to buy this after struggling to finish other vegan proteins but now I'm struggling to make this tub last! Will be buying another for sure.
on 16 May 2014
I have been using this for around a month now and I can really feel myself feeling better over this time

I take it once a day in addition to my normal meals and it really helps if you are bodybuilding as well, two scoops are basically a whole meal and protein shake in one

Highly reccomended to people who go to the Gym, do bodybuilding or just look after their weight by replacing meals

The only thing that you should keep in mind is the taste, unflavored and just mixed with water it tastes very rough, just mix this with Juice and it tastes much better, or you can try to Vanilla/Chocolate flavours (though I haven't tried those as the unflavored one works just fine for me)