Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 24 March 2017
Thank you very much. Fast delivery. High quality audio recording.
on 18 July 2017
Brilliant record. Thank you!
on 27 March 2017
Awesome service will use again
on 1 September 2017
[[ASIN:B0000261E5 The Raw & The Cooked
]Brand new cd
on 26 July 2017
Very happy with my purchase.
on 20 February 2013
I fell out with a lad to this in 1980-sumthin. He reacted by pulling the tape out of the cassette in order to exact revenge. I squirted a half full bottle of baby lotion over his head. We never spoke again.
Fast forward 20 odd years: I was having a nostalgic moment and decided to buy it on CD. It was still good and made me laugh to boot.
on 26 August 2013
This is one of my all time favourite albums, it's pure quality from top to bottom. Even those who have bought the "Finest" Greatest Hits compilation will find a couple of extra tracks here well worth having.
on 1 March 2013
Firstly, and as I always find with Edsel, the sound quality is amazing. This music truly benefits from the whole 'remastered' thing - differing tones of percussion jitter and shoot off everywhere, guitars trill and vibrate like mandolins in Greece, rubbery synths and compelling bass sounds lure you in.

There's so much here - it's like being given the album, a box full of memorobilia/collectible 7", cd singles/12" singles and a different sound system - all for the price of pizza? Sure somebody's favourite this or that is going to be left off (I wish Pull that Sucker Off and the Justin Strauss mix of She Drives were here) but overall track selection is great. I do notice a little variance in sound on disc 2 caused by nature of source materials - but, hey I'd rather a great track with a 'slight' (and it is slight) imperfection than to have those tracks eliminated entirely, this allows a more broad track selection as well.

The set seems to be laid out with disc 1 being the album/a couple great b-sides/some mixes - 2 of Ever Fallen - very pleased with those. Disc 2 is most of the Raw & the Remixed (great album in itself)/another group of later b-side like material (I don't care for this little grouping at all/sounds too American and if this was the direction they were headed in with the next album I'm relieved they stopped when they did - a very wise move) and then a very interesting group of remixes I personally had never run into - I should note remixes are usually just dull, repetitive meanderings to nowhere/these on the other hand have interesting use of voice/vocal acapella/tapes and the way they are structured seems to maintain for the most part the structure of the original.

In case you haven't noticed I'm impressed with these Edsel packages (no, I don't work for them). I/on my sound system find the sound quality and track selection to be exceptional. I've also noticed I can't get the Korgis 'Dumb Waiters' as an Edsel issue anymore; same with Blancmange's 'Mange Tout' -
on 18 November 2001
13 years on, this album still sounds remarkably fresh. Each track is different from the last, yet the album gels in one unique whole. Taking more traditional soul ("As Hard As It Is", "Tell Me What", "Good Thing"), jangly pop ("Don't Look Back", "Ever Fallen In Love?") and what was at the time contemporary dance ("She Drives Me Crazy", "Don't Let It Get You Down", "I'm Not The Man I Used To Be"), this album is a great collection of tracks, and highly recommended to anyone who likes good music. It took the band 2 years to produce, and there never was a follow-up but the results were worth it.
FACT: The video for "I'm Not The Man I Used To Be", released as a single Novemeber 1989, featured a young American dancer by the name of Sean "Puffy" Combs.......
Three years after the release of there classic debut album FYC were back with another fantastic album. The arrangements have moved on from the original album with the services of a drummer being dispensed with and a drum machine giving this a very contemporary feel some twenty years later.

Side one opens with the singles `She Drives Me Crazy' and `Good Thing' which not only showcases FYC but also pop music completely. The standard drops, which is hardly surprising, on the workman like `I'm Not the Man I Used to Be' and `I'm Not Satisfied' but is back with `Tell Me What' which somehow manages to sound totally contemporary and like a classic 50's piece at the same time.

Side two keeps the pace up with the brilliant `Don't Look Back' before lowering the bar on `It's Okay' and `Don't Let it Get you Down' before again climbing the heights with `As Hard as it is' and the priceless cover of Buzzcock's `Ever Fallen in Love'.

A brilliant album which sounds as fresh today as it did twenty years ago.