Customer reviews

The Very Best Of Prince
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 11 February 2004
I bought this album out of curiosity (and the fact that 1999 is an awesome song), I had only heard one prince song so this album was a surprise to me. The first song on the album, I wanna be your lover is another awesome song, the album flows magnificently. All songs from I wanna be your lover to money don’t matter 2 night are great both musically and lyrically, so whether you are a prince fan or not BUY THIS ALBUM, you will be pleasantly surprised. I actually prefer this to Michael Jackson – Number Ones
on 27 October 2016
I ordered it because I liked some Prince songs, now after listening to this album, I like them ALL!
on 24 April 2016
Bought it years ago, lost it, bought it again. Legendary tracks from the great man. RIP Prince.
on 19 November 2013
As a Hobby DJ I have to keep my music selection relevant, wide spread of styles and it has to be quality production. This Album has many popularly requested tracks and others which are useful for any DJ or Anybody with a taste for this style of music. Like to Sing a few of his songs, the quality of his music is timeless great selection on this disc.
on 25 May 2016
Great album with all the hits. I have always loved Purple Rain but had never got around to buying a greatest hits album. i heard about Prince's death while on holiday and couldn't believe it as he was still young. I really wanted to listen to his music right away so went online and ordered the cd with free download for only £4.50. Great value.
on 16 February 2014
As I looked up the 100 best songs of the 80s in NME to have a bit of nostalgia, I saw When doves cry as No 6. I suddenly remembered I had a Prince cassette then, Which was a rarity in the Easterm Block that time, and somebody borrowed it and never gave it back. So now is the time to have it replaced - still love it!
on 23 December 2006
I LOVED Prince all throughout the 80's and listening to this really takes me back to being a teenager with my gang of equally Prince obsessed mates, when it was still really 'fun' to smoke and get drunk! It puts me in a great mood, takes me back and makes me want to go out and party. What more can you ask for from an album?!
on 16 July 2001
Despite having expressed enormous relief at ridding themselves of the Purple Pain and his 'slave' antics of the last few years, Warners seem determined to squeeze every last drop out of the artist they formerly were happy to know as Prince. But rather than delving into the 1000-odd unreleased songs that Prince recorded for them over the years, Warners have decided to release a condensed version of the 3-CD 'Hits' package they released back in 1997. This will be frustrating for any hardcore Prince fans, and for those who shelled out 30 quid for the 'Hits' package; but for the rest of us, this is an excellent overview of the best of Prince's career, from his 1979 album 'Prince' to 1991's 'Diamonds and Pearls'. Don't expect too many suprises - all the great hits are here, from the sparse psychadelic rock of 'When Doves Cry' to the frankly low-down-and-dirty funk of 'Gett Off'.
Perhaps most worthy of mention, though, is the inclusion of a couple of Prince's darker songs -'Theives in The Temple' is a grossly overlooked tune from 1990, a raw bluesy number with a hypnotic chorus; and 'Money Don't Matter 2Nite', a social commentary on capitalsim, domestic abuse, and the Gulf war, wrapped in a beautiful package of soul and funk. Roll over Marvin Gaye.
on 22 April 2016
Such a sad day. Had to buy this album. We will never see his like again.
on 30 April 2012
Even if your not keen on the man himself, you cant deny that Prince has turned out some of the greatest pure pop songs ever. Get this album. Now. You wont regret it.
Even better buy it from Zoverstocks for pretty much the price of postage and receive fantastic service in the bargain.