on 28 December 2015
I bought Healthy Origins Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU as I was diagnosed as Vitamin D deficient. I went for the high IU as I needed a boost my levels as quickly as possible. Living in the UK we all know there's not enough light in the Winter. SAD affects millions of people and often without us realising what we're deficient in and how we can treat it. This is a great product and one that works! Like all vitamins, they take time to fully optimise in your system and so I started to fully notice results after 3 weeks. Vitamin D has several important functions. Perhaps the most vital are regulating the absorption of calcium and phosphorous, and facilitating normal immune system function. Getting a sufficient amount of the vitamin is important for normal growth and also for development of bones and teeth. Many lifestyle and environmental factors can affect your ability to get sufficient amounts of this vitamin through the sun alone, which is why it's important to get Vitamin D from other sources. Before taking any, I would suggest consulting your doctor so you know how many IUs are required for your body. I would say it's also important to re-test after you've been taking for a while as you may well find that your levels become optimal and you can stop use. Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 softgels are small enough to swallow easily and are gluten and dairy free which is important to me as I'm intolerant of both. I recently recommended them to an English friend who is currently living in Russia and with the dark winter months suffers terribly from SAD. He said that the D3 vitamins along with a sunlamp he bought were a lifesaver for him and really made a huge difference to his mood. In summary, this is a great product and one that I will continue to take short term during the winter English months, for a much needed boost.
on 1 March 2014
I have been taking these for a few years. Before I started taking them I use to have colds/sore throat all winter. Since taking these vitamin D3 I haven't had any colds. These capsules are quite small, easy to take, last almost a year and are worth every penny. I've bought them for my husband and sons also and have noticed they have not been suffering from colds/sore throat. I have taken lower dosages before which have not helped much. The high dosages of 10,000 IU have offered me more protection from colds/sore throat and I definitely will continue to take them in future.
I started taking this after reading up about Vitamin D deficiencies and how most people in the UK will be deficient. I tried to by in stores like Boots but they stock really low doses of it and from what I read you need to take a high dose to boost your levels and then you can drop to lower levels to maintain. So I looked on Amazon and decided to get these. Within a week I felt like I had a bit more energy and that has continued, I'm sure that they have helped (and I'm normally really skeptical of such things) and will continue to take them.
on 17 December 2014
Brilliant product - I usually take 2 a day, and they are easy to swallow and I feel they keep me functioning at optimum health. I havent taken these long enough to see if they make a difference to the quantity and quality of my hair (the main reason for taking them) but maybe in a few months I'll add an update to my review. Most ppl are in short supply of D3 and should be taking at least one of these a day, and if their levels are very low then even as many as 5 a day. Several of my friends have reported halt in hair loss upon taking D3, so here's hoping I'll have a bloomin' head of hair in a few short months!
on 8 April 2014
I appreciate it free of soy, sugars, salts, starches, yeast, wheat, corn, and a few others... and has no artificial colors or flavors. Made with cold pressed olive oil, not soy oils . The softgel consists of gelatin, glycerin and water. This product is cleaner and more natural than others I have bought in the past, making it much healthier. Truly Healthy Origins :-)

Thank you for carrying this product.
on 24 June 2014
I purchased this as a recent blood test revealed a low level of calcium in the blood, which I was told was actually NOT through direct calcium deficiency but rather as a result of low levels of cholecalciferol (Vit D3).

Furthermore I have been suffering with joint pain for quite a while and whilst i was starting to fix this through various means...cutting out gluten, increasing flexibility, working on core strength, drinking more water etc...i'd still not totally got on top of things.

Anyway I have been taking these tablets for 2 weeks and also topped up my D3 with 4 days in the Benidorm sun (classy I know - I've been back a week).

My joint pain is as of today...80% better!! Not 100% yet, but I've been eating bread again since returning from holiday (bad I know!) but my pain simply isn't returning and seems to be improving day by day.

Clearly this product works, and anyone with joint pain should get a blood test and see if they need this supplement, if they do, it is very likely to help!
on 7 February 2015
I use lots of (natural) supplements so it can be difficult to say whether a particular product has worked or not. But this one has clearly made such a difference in my life, no doubt about that! I've been using this for so long now that I can honestly say that I feel a lot more awake in the mornings, and get through the days without feeling like I need a nap halfway through. These winter months are always tough for me but this D3-supplement has helped me a lot.
on 17 March 2014
After a blood test my GP informed me that I lacked vitamin D and told me I needed to take large doses of this supplement. for seven weeks. The local pharmacies didn't do large doses, so I scanned the internet to see what was available and good old Amazon had the best deal going. The economy bottle, the capsule size and the price were excellent. I couldn't believe how fast the delivery was. All in all I am one very happy customer.
on 1 January 2015
Excellent value...I take these because we live so far north and its winter. Also I grow long in tooth and its recommended for the like. I can't see any difference in me now nd me before I started to take them but I dread the dark months of winter these days and any help is welcome. This was best value I could find and they were happy to post to EIre. Míle maith.
on 10 May 2014
It seems to be that Vitamin D3 is widely unknown and underrated in the common publik recognicion and because the substance can not be patented the pharmaceutical-medical complex has not any interrest to change that.
The benefit of this substance can not be praised enought, please start your own journey to gather the nessary information out of the www. about this wonderfull stuff.
Keep in mind only a ill person produces profits for the medical system therefore this state of illness is in many, many ways supported and forced , it is our own responsebility and duty to stay healthy and to be suffient and powerfull.