on 5 April 2017
Product not working properly and dropping off quiet regular.
on 20 April 2017
Excellent
on 28 June 2012
If your after more than 2 screens, your gonna need an active adapter (around £20 for cheap ones) for your 3rd screen.

The majority of ATI cards in recent generations have up to 6 connections at the back for hooking up additional screens...however they don't all work! What happens is if you plug in a 3rd screen (2 screens already plugged into DVI ports) you have to use a mini display port. The graphics card will reroute the signal from the second DVI to the new mini DP screen (or HDMI)....so you can only have 2 active connections at a time. To get around this you need a powered (active) adapter.

But that is the limit as far as I know (3 screens). the other connections are just to work with a large selection of monitors. If you want more than 3 screens you need a special gfx card built for it....or a 3rd party solution (like a matrox adapter - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrox-TripleHead2Go-Graphics-Expansion-Module/dp/B000RMQZ96). Using crossfire (2 or more GFX cards) might allow you to do this...but I cant confirm that.

My current setup is 17" - 27" - 17". This adapter WILL NOT WORK. So be warned! If you want to use 3 screens you need something like this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SUELLC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Hope that helps people!
on 10 February 2012
I lost an Apple DVI adapter to metal fatigue and bought this to replace it. The cable is way thinner than the DVI cable that came with my Samsung monitor and a much better solution than the clunky and heavy DVI cable + DVI adapter combination I had before. It's a bit expensive but I had to have a black one. A single white cable in the collection of black ones that clutter my desk would have bugged me.
on 9 October 2013
This is was exactly what I wanted. My Dell XPS 14z laptop has 1 x HDMI socket and 1 x mini DisplayPort (DP). I had two Dell 20 inch monitors that could be fed with either VGA (blue plug) or DVI-D (white plugs). What to do?

I bought this item to convert the Mini DP to DVI-D then used a standard DVI-D monitor/projector cable to go from this to the monitor.
I also bought a "StarTech 8 inch HDMI Male to DVI-D Female Video Cable Adapter" to convert the output of the HDMI socket to DVI-D (separately reviewed).

Note that the combination of these two adapters allows me to either duplicate or extend my Windows 7/8 desktop to span both monitors (which was also my goal).

This item arrived quickly and properly packed and has worked perfectly in this application since.
on 26 November 2012
If youre someone who values the feel of a quality product, this cable is probably not for you. The DVI end of the cable is not moulded like most cables/connectors, so has a very cheap hollow sound to it.

BUT ...

It works, and that is probably the most important thing. For the price, and the fact it removes the need for those silly, short adaptors that Apple makes, its worth it!
on 15 December 2015
StarTech is a great brand that makes brilliant, bur pricey parts. If you have the cash to spare and want good quality, this is for you.
on 30 May 2014
Excellent option to Apple's adapter - purchased 2 of these adapters to work with Apple 23" screen, works perfectly and it's cheap.
on 17 March 2014
works cool... on my mac air, no real problems except preferences change went a bit strange but i'm sure thats restorable
on 12 February 2015
Works as adverstised, but they sent the wrong model first not whinged