on 27 November 2014
I have not read any of this author's books before Silent Witness. It was a recommendation from Amazon via their daily Kindle deals and I liked the sound of the storyline so I downloaded it and I was not disappointed, in fact when I had finished it I immediately downloaded the next book in the series.
I'm not going to spoil the pleasure for others by describing the storyline in great detail, suffice to say it draws you in slowly and surely like a spider with a fly.
It's exactly what it says it is, a legal thriller, the storyline is excellent with underlying hints of who to believe and right till the end you are kept in suspense as to who did what to who and when and why - that should wet your appetite. Happy reading.
on 22 May 2017
Another great book from Rebecca. Couldn't put it down,I had to read just another page/chapter to see what was unfolding. Poor Archer!! Glad truth triumphed in end.
on 16 September 2017
An excellent storyline with a surprising ending.
on 14 March 2017
great read
on 11 May 2017
Loved it
on 26 April 2017
Excellent
on 28 December 2011
Josie Baylor-Bates finds herself in in her capacity as a lawyer having to defend Archer, the man she loves. A few years before Archer met Josie he was married to Lexi, who has since died of cancer. Previous to her demise Archer, Lexi and his mentally disabled stepson Timothy went to a theme park in California where a tragic accident on a ride resulted in Timothy's death. Now Archer is being accused by the boy's natural father of murdering him.
I really enjoyed Hostile Witness ( The Witness Series 1) but this was nowhere near as good, found myself losing interest, and although it did pick up in parts, overall I felt it was quite dull.
on 15 March 2014
This e-book is the second legal thriller in Rebecca Foster’s Witness series. Our heroine, Josie Baylor Bates was previously a hotshot lawyer, who moved to the Californian coastline and a small law-firm in an effort to escape the stresses of dealing with high profile cases. However, she is now left with the responsibility of looking after a teenager with multiple problems, and to make matters worse she is again embroiled in a high profile case when her lover, an ex-policeman, is charged with murdering his stepson Tim. Josie knew that Archer had been married, and his wife had died of cancer, but she had no idea he had had a stepson. However, Josie decides to defend him. As the book develops the relationship between Josie and Archer comes under strain as Josie finds out other things about Archer and starts to have doubts regarding his guilt or innocence.
I really enjoyed this e-book, but it’s my view it is important to read the first book in the series (Hostile Witness) first as it sets up the relationships with the main characters, especially the relationship between her and Archer. It is difficult to say any more than that about the story without giving away any spoilers.
I found this book highly entertaining, very well paced and well researched with some twists and turns. It was also very easy to read and as stated above, it picks up where the previous e-book left off.
The question is will I be reading the third e-book in the series? The answer to that is yes. If like me, you enjoy legal thrillers, I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy this one. However, as previously stated, start with the first one ‘Hostile Witness.’
on 11 March 2012
Josie Baylor Bates is stunned when she discovers that her lover has been arrested for the murder of his stepson a couple of years ago. She knew Archer's wife had died from cancer but he never mentioned that she had a mentally and physically handicapped son. Tim died when he fell from a theme park ride during a day out with his mother Lexi and Archer. It seemed to be a tragic accident but now the park's lawyers and Tim's natural father are claiming that the boy was murdered by Archer.
Josie is left to try to defend a man she is no longer sure she knows and who does not seem to want to help himself.
I thought this was a good follow up to Hostile Witness although the end of that book is somewhat spoilt so would advise that the books are read in order.

We get to learn a little more about Josie's past and her feelings of guilt over a prior case were she helped a murderer get acquitted. I thought Archer came across as a shallow selfish man and hope that this case helps Josie to see him in a new light. I doubt it though.

Even though I figured out the ending fairly early on, I still enjoyed the book and will continue with the series.
on 27 January 2013
This is an excellent book, well written with lots of twists and turns, difficult to put it down! Look forward to reading more of Rebecca Forster