Price:£1.29+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 4 April 2013
If you find this review helpful ... please click the little "yes" box below.

We bought these bells for our whippet as an alternative to a flashing light (for late night walks in the woods/fields). They are brilliant! In the past, we've always been looking for a glimpse of light to know where he is, and it's easy to lose track of him. If he's wandering in trees, often we don't spot him for minutes on end. Plus, we're forever replacing the tiny, fiddly batteries. With the bell, we know where he is at all times. We can hear the little tinkle constantly. It's incredible how far the sound carries and it doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest.
on 17 January 2015
These bells were no doubt very good for the price but I found them to be a little too big. The only way I could describe it in terms of comparison of size would be to say that if an average cat bell is about the size of a five pence piece, this call bell would be about the size of a one penny piece. That's the only thing I could mark these bells down for as they ring just as loud as any other cat bells and because these bells are attached to a small key ring, it's harder for them to be easily snagged off. I like the fact that the key ring is a strong key ring because at least my cats won't be able to get the bell off too easy, my only concern is that with the bell been just on the tad larger size my cat may find them a little uncomfortable and try to take them off. Also with the small key ring allowing enough room for my cat to get he claws into the middle of it, I do worry that she may get her paw caught up in it although I am relying on the safety release function on her collar to counteract this. I'd advise other buyers to make sure that the collar in which you are attaching these bells to does have a quick safety release function for obvious reasons. Then if in the event that your pet does get their paw stuck in the key ring, they can easily pull the key ring off with the collar that it's attached to. Other than that I'd say that it's a pretty good buy as long as you're cautious.
on 1 April 2014
After attaching two of the bells onto my cat's collar I have noticed less dead birds in the garden. Now that I think of it I haven't seen a dead bird for almost a year after buying this. My cat used to catch about one a fortnight so I'm glad my cat can still enjoy the freedom of the garden and the birds can remain safe. The noise is not so much that it annoys us but lets us know the cat is approaching.
on 14 January 2016
I put two of these bells on the collar of my cat and can tell you that they are certainly very loud! I can now feel comfortable in the knowledge that no more poor little birdies/mice/other small mammals will end up dead as doornails! And feel my cream carpet will be free of the mess going forward. The bells have started to discolour, but I think this is because I've put two on the collar and they're banging together and getting bashed/scratched up all the time. I have bought so many bells in the past and the silly cats just end up losing them, but these have lasted longer than any other bells so far and remain on the collar. I would say the ring holding them together is better than those on past bells I have bought. I am certainly very pleased that I bought these, and if the little blighters manage to lose these ones, I shall replace them like-for-like.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 December 2015
My daughter has a cat with a murder sheet as long as your arm; nothing seems to prevent her catching all sorts of animals.

These three bells are now firmly attached to her collar and so far so good; the kill level has dropped dramatically (although to temper that it is now winter). I guess the real test will be next spring.

However, given the tiny price this is an obvious choice when trying to protect Britain's wildlife against killer cats.
on 21 August 2014
Loud! Give the animals and birds in your garden a bit of advanced warning with these bells! The bells that come already on collars are so quiet there is little point in them being there, i always replace them and these are great as they are the same size as the traditional bells and won't get in your cats way.
on 11 July 2015
My cat catches birds. He is very thickly furred.

I have placed (3) bells strategically around his collar so that even when the collar swivels there is always at least one bell which jangles in spite of the muffling fur.

I like this well delivered product because I get additional bells to add with no fuss. He regularly sheds his collars, either fighting or squeezing through gaps. I often need additional bells....

I would give 5 stars if they were a little louder
on 26 December 2014
Though I got these for my dog, they work perfectly. One of my dogs is now going deaf, as he gets older, so having a bell means I can track him even if he can't hear me. He's on a long lead, but I feel better knowing that even if it snaps I can still try and find him. The bell has a good sound, and has also survived a spin in the washing machine after a soaking in a mud bath in the woods too!
on 9 September 2015
The bell itself seems to be fine, it's the crappy quality little loop that attaches the bell to the keyring which is a letdown. Every one of these bells snapped off because of this tacky attachment. I know it's a small amount of money but it was still a waste.
on 3 May 2016
these bells come as a pack of three. I put one on the cat's collar (its original bell did nothing) and she now walks around tinkling. I think she hates it but the wild birds like the warning.

See one answered question