TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 June 2018
The characters portrayed in season 2 are evolving in front of us much like new people you meet such as new neighbours or new work colleagues who flesh out as you get to know them. For me there is as much interest in the faults and strengths of our two main protagonists as there is in the plot and story line as they get deeper into the drug business, cooking the crystal meth and distributing it through a local drug baron.
Jesse plummets to the depths in a destructive relationship with a girlfriend and Walt is forever warding off his wife's attempts to get 'inside' him, especially as she suspects that he is either having an affair or is smoking pot.
Something has to give----- and it does. Spectacularly, and with warmth and pathos as we discover hidden emotions lurking below the facade.
As usual even the minor characters are finely drawn by the writers in this series. We are introduced to new players, Saul Goodman, later receiving the accolade of his own series, and briefly Mike the fixer / enforcer.
One episode only allowed for the superb Danny Trejo as a Mexican drug dealer ---- I suppose that's all the time he could spare as he's in so many productions (good and bad!). But his appearance is totally unforgettable.
Where is all this going I ask? Have to watch season 3 as I'm one of those that like the series.

English subtitles available, a must for me as there is much use of American slang. Yo.
on 5 June 2014
I seldom watch films beyond 11pm but was compelled to watch it from 8pm to 2am! It's shocking but a film where far-fetched becomes believable & is definitely addictive. It took me a long time to get into Season 1 as this is, so I thought, not my kind of film. How wrong I was! By the end of the first season I was yearning for more & after watching action-packed Season 2 I have ordered Seasons 3 & 4. Superb acting by our two main characters: Walt & Jesse, & excellent, very realistic character portrayal which is enhanced by the contrast between the two of them. Amazingly, Walt's deep love for Jesse comes over very strongly in the last episode, or is it Walt's addiction to earning B . . .I . . .G money that that far exceeds his love of anyone now, even himself. I'm utterly amazed that he's still alive after the way he has starved his cancer-ridden body of food & water over such a long period of time/
This series has EVERYTHING, & is like no other on TV or Cinema . . . .BUY IT!
(It is especially interesting if you know someone who dabbles or has dabbled in drugs - a sad but realistic representation in parts of today's drug culture & the way it can invade all levels of society!)
One person found this helpful
on 17 November 2016
Chemistry is all about change, explains mild-mannered, burned-out high school teacher Walter White (Bryan Cranston in yet another vivid performance). But one of the biggest changes imaginable is about to happen to Walter.

In "Breaking Bad," an odd couple, fish-out-of-water dramedy airing on the heels of AMC's heralded "Mad Men," Walter forms a criminal partnership with a former student. The chemistry teacher will cook up batches of pure crystal meth, and Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), his former student-turned-meth dealer, will distribute the drug, and I got totally hooked even more than a crystal meth addict.
on 11 March 2016
If Meth is half as addictive this TV series... count me out...
If after watching this series, and you want to try Meth? You
are stupid or mad... This is the dark vortex of drug addiction
in present day America, and it makes me want to detox...

I can't begin to tell you how good this series is. Sad, funny
and... well see for yourself... After watching this, I feel the
USA, has some-what lost it's soul, to the Tsunami of drug
abuse... WHY? Because the American dream is dead...The
Poor are getting poorer, and the Rich, are getting RICHER...

Another thing here, is the disgusting American "health-care"
system... After watching this, you will never complain about
the British NHS...
on 25 September 2013
There may be, let's be frank here, certain questions of morality, appropriate standards of behaviour for those in positions of trust or role models for the young, glorification of violence and anti-social activities, et all... that could be raised regarding "Breaking Bad" ............. but there again, the same could be said for "Macbeth", King Lear", "Troilus & Cressida", and a lot of the works of The Bard ..................
BUT ......... all are spell-binding drama that make most contemporaneous stuff look sad and dated.
I came to "..... Bad" with doubts, and after managing to avoid it for quite a while, mainly due to a failure to look beyond the basic premise of a school-teacher becoming a drugs baron.
But my son persuaded me to at least give it a ten minute "try".
And the large lady kept on singing......... and she aint stopped yet !
Excellent acting, directing, writing and conception.
In short, brilliant.
on 21 February 2011
Season 2 picks up the moment when Season 1 ended with Walter White and Jesse Pinkman stood in the junkyard with the psychotic drug baron Tuco having beaten to death one of his henchmen for nothing. From there we're taken on a whirlwind tour of 13 of the best episodic drama series ever written.

Haunting black and white images of a burned purple teddy appear throughout the series, teasing the viewer at a tantalising finale. Walt's cancer gets worse prompting him to do more desperate things to get money quicker for his family, while Jesse falls in love with a recovering drug addict.

As Walt and Jesse's operation grows they recruit more of Jesse's druggie friends and we meet a charismatic but crooked lawyer who helps the duo launder their ill-gotten gains. Skyler begins suspecting what her husband is up to during all this time while getting closer to term with her pregnancy, and all the while Walt's brother in law Hank the DEA agent is getting closer to discovering who is producing this new high quality blue meth...

Incredibly, Season 2 is better than Season 1 and is twice as long so the characters are given more room to become interesting and develop, the storylines get fleshed out, and the studio has given the crew more money so everything is done on a larger scale.

I loved the new additions to the cast - Jesse's friends, his love interest and her father (played by the brilliant John De Lancie) and the crooked lawyer played by Bob Odenkirk was a wonderful highlight as well.

There are so many exceptional scenes it's impossible to list them here. The writing is as amazing as always, the acting is as strong as ever and the entire series is a joy to watch from start to finish. Utterly entrancing and wonderful television, I highly recommend this series to fans of high quality drama and to any who are uncertain as to whether or not they want to buy this after Season 1. Bring on Season 3!
One person found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 September 2016
I didn't see a single episode of this on television but took a chance and bought season one on DVD as the amazon reviews were so good. I'm now coming to the end of season two and am utterly hooked. I was sad when I came to the end of the Six Feet Under series and thought I'd struggle to find anything of similar quality but this is just as good. A huge thank you to the writers and actors for making such an unmissable drama and for providing laughs along the way.
on 17 January 2015
I thought it got better as the series progressed. The programme is well produced and well written and directed. I still found the mistakes both Walt White and Jessie make, intensely irritating but that is a testimony to good acting. I am not a great fan of American television series and usually find them formulaic, predictable and inclined to unnecessary sentimentality. But this series has been largely kept on a tight rein and has left me keen to view the next series. And I haven't followed any series with that sort o interest since the immortal 'The Wire', which i still consider the greatest TV series ever made..
on 19 May 2011
And that is season 3 not being available. If you are reading this then you have probably already seen season 1. If not why not? And if you are wondering if this lives up to those standards the answer is yes. Just.
The season picks up right after the end of Season 1. And the story arc that ends season 1 lasts the first 2/3 episodes. And then the quality seems to dip a little as Walt's family and their issues take centre stage. It does quite drag but it really doesn't have the spark of the rest of this and the previous season. This is until we get to Peekaboo. Which might just be my favourite episode so far. A real insight into the effects of drugs. From there we rip through the rest of the storyline, introducing Saul - a wonderful new character.
This pace keeps up until the last three episodes. Mandala starts the end of season arc and then the penultimate episode just blew me away. The final episode was always going to be an anticlimax after that. But it wraps up the flashes that started the whole season and then throws it all up in the air again. These last three episodes are sheer brilliance and it is for these I am awarding 3 stars.
Can season 3 live up to this? Well if they ever release it on DVD I might find out.
on 4 May 2018
Few days ago I've read an article about the second season of the show - in the most cases it's the best or the worst one. In my opinion this is the best season of Breaking Bad and my personal favourite. I'll never forget when I first saw the opening of episode 7, I was like "wow,the best opening ever"! And I still remember the song actually 😁.