on 20 August 2017
Don't go in for scary films as a rule (I have a low scare tolerance) but we spent an evening watching this and both thoroughly enjoyed it. If you can ignore the utter stupidity of both main characters (the male especially) then it has quite tense moments with genuine jumps. For a film all shot within a couple of rooms, it always holds your attention. Probably kind of ruined by the numerous sequels, but don't let that put you off this one.
on 2 May 2015
I rented this to watch with my 10 year old daughter as her 1st real horror movie ( as it is just a ghost story, no sex or gorey violence ) and she was just mildly scared at a few bits. The story line is pretty good and we enjoyed it as a movie but its really not very scary. I am honestly one of the biggest scaredy cats in the world and cant even watch the walking dead on my own and I dont find this film very frightening. But I know quite a few people who it has scared the pants off and as I said the premise of it is good in itself and my daughter and myself did enjoy it so its worth a watch. #3 is much, much better though.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 March 2016
I kept waiting for it to get scary, paused it to get up to pee, realized there were only 10 minutes left and figured it was never going to happen. If you're into watching an annoying, well-off (although I never saw either working) couple bicker about who is or isn't haunted, this is the movie for you.
on 30 November 2013
The quality of vision from this disc is excellent, I had no problems at all with this. The actual subject of this DVD was edited in a way that made the DVD only poorly average. Also the ending choose was the wrong one of the two in my partner and i's opinion. Due to these things I will not be rushing to recommend this to anyone else.
on 17 February 2013
I know people who were terrified by this movie. Personally, I was just frustrated. My all-time favourite scarey movie is the original The Haunting in which nothing is seen, but much is all implied in a masterclass in understatement. This film is equally sparing in what it shows and how the story unfolds but it failed to move me. Bottom line - the film just didn't scare me at all. There's not much point in saying more than that.
on 3 July 2016
A fantastic film and the best of the saga. If you don't at least jump once during this film then there is something very wrong with you! A must see.
on 23 May 2016
This film is meant to be based on a true story? Massive alterations must have been made as this movie is very OTT and unrealistic. Would not recommend.
on 25 September 2017
Not a reflection of the product or service but rating reflects my opinion of the film. A little disappointed.
on 9 March 2016
Use Zavvi a lot and they have always been great to use never had any issues with them. The blu-ray arrived packaged well. it is a great film as well.
on 20 February 2011
After my 18 year old daughter started sleeping with the lights on as a result of seeing Paranormal Activity and Paranormal Activity 2 at the cinema, I had high expections of this film's scariness. It was ok but I was disappointed. On the DVD the alternative ending was not as good as the real ending and this surprised me too. The low price of the DVD made it a good buy though.