on 6 September 2013
An excellent sturdy lightweight comfortable shoe which holds and secures the feet sturdily. I am always a size 6 but after reading the reviews ordered mine in a size 5 and the fit is excellent with even room for a thicker pair of socks. Order a pair , you will not be dissapointed but remember ORDER A SIZE SMALLER than normal.
on 27 April 2012
I was able to put these shoes on and walk straight away. They are extremely comfortable, good looking and very tough.
on 20 August 2012
I wanted some tough waterproof shoes to wear for gardening and dog-walking. Had some cheap ones which split on the sole, so decided to go for a good make this time, a bargain at Amazon prices. I've already worn them dog-walking a few times, and they are so comfortable - feel I could happily wear them all day! Berghaus sizes seem to come up a bit big; I'm usually 7 1/2 and have wide feet, but these in 7 are exactly right, even wide enough, with ordinary cotton socks. If I'd planned to wear them with thick walking socks I'd go up to the next size.
on 6 June 2011
I wear my Berghaus Hiking shoes virtually daily to walk the dogs. they are quite the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I always experience difficulty in finding shoes which stand up to walking long distances. Most I find end up giving me cramp in one of my feet, due I think to a strange gait which I have developed over the years, but I am pleased to report that the Berghaus shoes are A1 and are very comfortable. They are to be highly recommended
on 28 May 2013
I have very demanding feed, wide with low arch, and overweight too, so I'm very critical when buying shoes, especially for long distance walking. This is first time I purchase Berghaus shoes. And they are absolutely brilliant. Best shoes ever. My shoe size is 40.5 and I ordered 7.5 which is perfect. Could have ordered 7.0 too but then would have been too tight with thicker sock. With 7.5 there is room enough with thicker sock (which I think is better than thin) but still shoe not too big.
on 12 August 2013
If you're looking for a good pair of walking shoes, don't look any further.
OK, they've got a 'retro' look and some might think that not even my granny would wear them, but they're properly built and you can get them at a very reasonable price (Goretex at less than £34 a pair!!!).
I've got Merrels and I must say that these Berghaus feel more robust and comfortable than them.
Very good quality at an incredible price.
on 22 June 2011
Good walking shoes, firmly holding your feet though they need breaking in to become comfortable.
Worth the cost over some of the cheaper products.
on 6 August 2013
First time I have ordered shoes on line but will do so again. I am absolutely delighted with these Hiking shoes which I bought for dog walking and hiking. They fit perfectly and are extremely comfortable. I have worn them in torrential rain and my feet stayed warm and snug. I would certainly recommend them.
on 2 January 2013
super quality walking shoe as you would expect from Bergaus, its worth paying the extra for quality walking shoes, nothing worse than coming home with wet feet every day. sizing is generous so buy your normal size which allows for thick socks if walking in the cold
on 12 December 2012
Purchased a pair of size 6 (my normal UK size). The shoes delivered were far too large for me - so beware the sizings are very large. But they are a first class shoe. Another person who normally takes size 7 tried them on and they were a perfect fit.