on 20 August 2012
I wanted some tough waterproof shoes to wear for gardening and dog-walking. Had some cheap ones which split on the sole, so decided to go for a good make this time, a bargain at Amazon prices. I've already worn them dog-walking a few times, and they are so comfortable - feel I could happily wear them all day! Berghaus sizes seem to come up a bit big; I'm usually 7 1/2 and have wide feet, but these in 7 are exactly right, even wide enough, with ordinary cotton socks. If I'd planned to wear them with thick walking socks I'd go up to the next size.
10 people found this helpful
on 11 September 2013
I am really pleased with these shoes they are the best item I have ever bought on Amazon. I would like to thank all those who left such good reviews they convinced me to buy them and I am so happy.. I actually took my dog out in the pouring rain last week to test them out I couldn't quite believe that these sturdy comfortable walking shoes (at the fantastic price I paid) were going to be waterproof as well. Well they were!! I do agree with some that they are a little stiff to get on but are fine when worn and disagree that the sizes are too large. I have ample room for thick socks but a smaller size would be too small. I have just tried to buy a pair for my sister and the price has really gone up so I am so glad I got mine anyway.
on 6 June 2011
I wear my Berghaus Hiking shoes virtually daily to walk the dogs. they are quite the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I always experience difficulty in finding shoes which stand up to walking long distances. Most I find end up giving me cramp in one of my feet, due I think to a strange gait which I have developed over the years, but I am pleased to report that the Berghaus shoes are A1 and are very comfortable. They are to be highly recommended
7 people found this helpful
on 28 May 2013
I have very demanding feed, wide with low arch, and overweight too, so I'm very critical when buying shoes, especially for long distance walking. This is first time I purchase Berghaus shoes. And they are absolutely brilliant. Best shoes ever. My shoe size is 40.5 and I ordered 7.5 which is perfect. Could have ordered 7.0 too but then would have been too tight with thicker sock. With 7.5 there is room enough with thicker sock (which I think is better than thin) but still shoe not too big.
3 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 3 March 2013
Made the mistake of buying cheaper shoes which have now gone to the charity shop because they weren't waterproof and were so rigid I couldn't drive in them as my feet slipped off the pedals!

These shoes, in contrast, are comfortable, have quickly worn into flexibility, support my feet beautifully and have paddled happily in shallow water without a hint of dampness. Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 12 August 2013
If you're looking for a good pair of walking shoes, don't look any further.
OK, they've got a 'retro' look and some might think that not even my granny would wear them, but they're properly built and you can get them at a very reasonable price (Goretex at less than £34 a pair!!!).
I've got Merrels and I must say that these Berghaus feel more robust and comfortable than them.
Very good quality at an incredible price.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 October 2013
These are very hard and will need to be worn in over, I suspect, a period of months rather than days. They are not true to size, if I ordered again I would go for a size bigger (not that I will as they are far too stiff). I've yet to test them out in bad weather so can't comment on that
One person found this helpful
on 6 September 2013
An excellent sturdy lightweight comfortable shoe which holds and secures the feet sturdily. I am always a size 6 but after reading the reviews ordered mine in a size 5 and the fit is excellent with even room for a thicker pair of socks. Order a pair , you will not be dissapointed but remember ORDER A SIZE SMALLER than normal.
on 4 June 2014
These are seriously good shoes. I am an avid walker and wanted shoes that were comfortable and waterproof. I bought two pairs but so far have only used one. That pair has done me (and their manufacturers) proud. After about 8 months consistent daily use they are still absolutely usable and totally waterproof. I am keeping my eye out with Amazon for pair number 3. They are a heavy shoe, but so are most good hiking boots. I would have no difficulty in recommending them
on 11 January 2016
These waterproof walking shoes are very comfortable and keep your feet warm without having to wear extra thick socks and therefore, are ideal for winter use. The down side is that they are not easy to get on and off easily and I use a shoe horn and boot remover for this purpose.