on 18 August 2010
Having been an avid flight sim flier for a long time I thought I would venture into space with this sim.
What a disaster right from the beginning ! Should have known as soon as I opened the box and there was no book - What ?! Fly a shuttle with no manual !!
The "HELP" print out plus all the bad spelling, the keyboard layout which you cannot remap, lack of info about using a joystick, no proper way to save a game and the worst, boxy, lifeless graphics I have seen in a long time.
My only advice to anyone foolish enough to be considering this game is "DON'T-DON'T and DON'T". If the rating went below 1 star that is what I would give it. --- R.I.P
on 16 August 2010
Well not having bought the game all I wanted to do was mention that the game is rather substandard in terms of graphical quality, sound quality and options for replayability - much along the lines of all the other 'simulators' this firm has released which are generally pretty awful. I would take a look at their website and online previews before you buy, and I would also recommend looking at 'Space Shuttle Mission Simulator' if you are interested in this type of game as that is a fully fledged space shuttle simulator. In terms of Apollo etc you can get a game called Orbiter which is completely free online and covers pretty much everything here but with better graphics and gameplay, and can be updated to include many fantasy space missions as well as various shuttle, gemini and other space missions. Its a bit fiddly to get the addons into it but its worth looking at.
on 3 October 2010
As the other reviewers have said this simulator is pretty poor. Trying to get the thrust of the engines to the Apollo spacecraft correct in conjunctions with the correct alignment upon launch always result in failure - and don't look to the instructions to help you 'cos you'll look in vain . No matter what you try, you always fail. The graphics are basic, game play is dull...... and that is if you can load the thing in the first place!!! Apollo simulator loaded ok, but Space Shuttle Simulator still won't load. All I get after several minutes of the CD-ROM spinning like mad is - "Not Responding"

Save your money and don't buy it!!!
on 18 September 2010
I bought this sim because of the Apollo simulator aspect, having already purchased the Space Mission Simulator, and as stated by a previous reviewer if you want an Apollo Simulator I recommend you down load the free Orbiter simulator and the free AMSO or NASSP (ver 6.4.3) addons for the Apollo flights. The AMSO and NASSP functionality and graphics are far superior to this simulator, which I have just uninstalled.
on 13 September 2010
I wish I'd read the reviews for this before purchasing, but I saw it in the shop and bought it on impulse. As the reviewer said before me, my first disappointment came when I opened the box to find no manual. This really annoys me with any game, how are you supposed to play the game and read instructions on the screen at the same time?

Playing the game itself is reminiscent of the old Commodore or Amiga graphics. It says on the box "stunning graphics" ....yes, stunningly bad! Even on the highest settings, graphics are "blocky" motion is "jerky"

Half of the keys don't do what they're supposed to, and to be quite honest there's just no incentive to take the time to learn how to master the controls. I traded 3 'playstation 3' games to buy this rubbish, what a big mistake that was.
on 7 September 2010
i`ve bought some right turkeys lately, bus sim 2 and now this, it has the same problem as bus sim 2 it just spins round and round and nothing can stop it, sound is minmal and crackly and trying to load the missions is a joke and usualy results in a black screen and not much else after some attempts at this i gave up and removed it, yes it loads ok thats one star but no stars for anything else, save your money
on 29 April 2012
This doesn't work in Windows 7, although the manufacturing details say that it does. I contacted First Class Simulations for advice and they gave me a link to their site to download a DXSetup_Install.exe, as it appeared to be the Direct X that was the problem. Despite trying to download this Install.exe my virus protection would not allow the download. There were no option to run anyway, as the anti virus eradicates the download first. Now the shirty individual at First Class Simulations suggested that my anti virus was wrong! Short of switching anti virus off, which would be a dangerous thing to do, there was nothing else he could suggest! The only thing to do in reality is bin the whole dvd, or retuirn it for a refund, which I may yet do! Don't waste your hard earned cash!
on 2 August 2013
I havent bought this myself but seen some reviews and screenshots. Do yourself a favour and download Orbiter (doesn't cost a penny) instead.....nuff said! How do these people get away with selling this kind of rubbish?
on 30 July 2013
Came in good time but bad graphics and was terribly lagging. Not great at all. But you get what you pay for