Customer reviews

Maxicrop Moss Killer + Lawn Tonic 2.5L

on 11 May 2017
killed the moss and grass much greener in just a couple of days.
on 11 April 2017
Product does what it says on the can, effective but follow instructions
on 5 April 2017
This product has seemingly worked ! I have only given it 4 stars as I am still observing
on 14 April 2017
It does what it says on the container, very pleased with the result
on 31 March 2011
MANY GARDEN CENTRES SEEM TO SELL ONLY THE DRY WEED AND FEED, WHICH CAN LEAVE MISSED STRIPES, WHEN USING A SPREADER.
THIS PRODUCT IS APPLIED EASILY WITH A WATERING CAN AND IF PATCHES ARE MISSED, IT IS EASY TO TREAT THEM AGAIN, WITHOUT OVERDOING IT, WHICH CAN HAPPEN WITH THE DRY PRODUCTS. SO NO MISSED PATCHES AND NO BURNT PATCHES. GREAT PRODUCT !
on 2 May 2016
I have been using granular moss killer for the last few years. It kills moss, bit I was never fully happy with the coverage or how well it killed mosses in my lawn.

This liquid is much more controllable and I can confirm that it does kill moss and it greens the lawn...

I use a 5 litre pressure spray bottle to apply and I am very happy with the result.

By using a liquid I can much better control the areas I cover and the timing of when the application takes effect.

So far very happy with moss kill. Will report on full season in a few months time.

12 months on I am still using this product. My experience has been that it knocks the moss growth back significantly (but kills less fully than granular products) to allow grass growth. I find I can use more applications (once every six-eight weeks in Spring) than granular and this means my grass is looking much healthier.

Also my cats walked granular product in through the house and left permanent dark cat prints on wood floors... Nice in a way, but not what I was after.

Would recommend this product : )

NB still using the original bottle after multiple applications on lawn 50 m2... will buy again when runs out...
review image
on 18 May 2016
Our lawn was covered in moss and looked a complete mess, we had rain from November to April since my husband applied Maxicrop it has taken on a new lease of life. It is now a lovely healthy green but he is leaving the cut longer which may have helped. I would prefer to see it more closely cut but as he is doing the work I cannot argue the point.
on 18 October 2016
Lawns seems to love being fed this product , not too harsh when eradicating any moss.
on 5 December 2016
Not very effective
on 17 March 2014
First of all I raked as much moss out of the lawn as I could, in order for the liquid to have the best chance of penetration. Then applied the moss killer using a spray. The moss quickly blackened and another raking session ensued. During the raking I could see that really only the top of the moss was black and down below the main part was still quite green and unaffected. A second application was applied with the same result. I think that any improvement has happened thanks to my efforts with the rake and not with the use of this product. I could of course have a particularly resistant type of moss but I can't recommend this moss killer. Can't comment on the effectiveness of the tonic but I know I need one after all that raking!