on 31 October 2015
I bought these to replace some scales that had the same range of body fat/ water/ muscle measurements. Chose these because compact and have a stand so very good for storing in my small bathroom. That was my principal reason for choosing these scales, over all the other similar types of scales. I found the weight very accurate and after about 6 weeks no problem with battery life. Easy to weigh myself, but found the other functions a bit tricky to set up as the settings menu cycles through different functions too quickly to put the settings in, using the buttons on top back of scales. Had to repeat several times to input my data. The scales are small - I am a size 8 and they are just long enough for my feet - but I expected that after reading reviews. Overall very pleased but they need to be easier to set up hence 4 stars.If you really need compact scales this is the best choice, but if not buy something easier to set up.
on 4 May 2012
Firstly, this is not a great product, the way of entering your information and then selecting your presets is not exactly user friendly. It reminding me of setting the time on an old casio digital watch. So in 2012, the electronics feel antiquated.
The build quality is OK, but nothing to rave about, there isn't a solid feel to them or anything - but they are small and slim - so perhaps the two are not compatible. The stand is OK, just a bit of plastic - not exactly classy. Again it feels dated.

BUT.... the big problem, and I suspect others have had this problem, the battery drains in the scales even if not in use.

I have come back to my scales after not using them for a few weeks and puzzled why they didn't switch on. Since I hadn't used them very much it didn't occur to me to change the battery for a while - when I did, hey presto, it worked. Then I returned to the scales, again after a few weeks and they didn't work again?????? Yes, you guessed it the battery was flat. Unless you have a huge stock of CV3 batteries and don't mind changing them regularly - this makes them a real annoyance. Again a bit like electronics in the 80s!

Amazon, as ever, have been great and offered to refund, and i will be buying a different pair of scales - perhaps a simpler set with less promised features - the features seem more fuss than they are worth.

Don't bother with these scales, BMI and all the other readings - are easier enough to work out - without having to set up the machine to do it for you, which sound convenient but actually not.
10 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2016
The scales themselves look stylish and modern and feel like a high quality product. They come with a vertical stand which is actually more useful than I thought it would be when storing the scales/keeping them out the way!
They are a reasonable size (for both use and when storing) and I have had no issues with the battery.
The scales are very easy to set up for the personal profiles etc. and give clear and consistent readings for the weight measurements which can be displayed in Kg, St and Lbs or just Lbs.
My one issue is the bio-electrical impedance analyser which gives the body fat %, body water and calculated muscle mass. I have not found this to not be very accurate (about 15-20% off compared to a high-end one which used hand and feet contacts). Other reviewers seem to be happy with the accuracy so it may just be that my feet aren't suitable (I play a lot of sports and am on my feet a fair bit so my feet aren't exactly soft skinned).
Overall, a decent buy given the features included and the price
on 4 May 2017
These scales are good if you've got an average BMI and a lot of patience.

These were specifically bought due to their larger weight capacity than my previous Salter scales. The previous ones I had were great but I was too heavy for them, so upgraded to these ones. The scales looked worryingly small for someone of my size (26st/5ft7) but the glass is sturdy and almost two years later has still not been an issue. However, no matter what surface you use, or how many times you change the batteries, the moment someone over 18st steps on them they freak out and reset. This is also true of anyone with an awkward centre of gravity, or anyone that is not delicate. At my weight, I am still under maximum capacity and can on occasion get a rough reading from these scales, but they will take me about 15 minutes of stepping on and off, and a lot of aggression, only to present a somewhat inaccurate reading.
on 1 July 2012
I was looking for a body scale with body analyser features, while staying within a tight budget. This product met all my expectations: Quality is very good (glass top, which I didn't quite expect, easy to read display, etc.). Functions are relatively limited, but the basics are covered: Weight in kg, lbs or stones, BMI (not really useful past first use, IMO), body fat %, body water %, muscle mass (which may be of limited use in practice).

Instructions are succint, but sufficient. The scale is fairly small (it could benefit from being a bit larger, but is OK as it is) and comes with a stand to store it vertically. The user interface is basic, but works fine (step on it to turn it on, then get a weight reading, or, if you want other measures, press a button and wait for the personal configuration information to cycle on the display before getting a reading).

Importantly, I found that the measurements are fairly reliable (within normal tolerances) and repeatable
on 11 January 2016
These scales are a beautiful addition to our bathroom. They weigh us very accurately, and then stow neatly in an upright position. I can't give the scales more than 4 stars, because the bio impedance measurement is wildly inaccurate. I have a BMI of 24, and yet it claims I am 40% fat. To be fair though, it is consistently inaccurate, and the technology in bathroom scales of this type is known to be inaccurate. You can still use them to note changes in impedance.
on 30 April 2016
Its a good product, but at first it was kind of complicated to use took me a while to get used to it. The other thing that's annoying is that it's not exactly that big. I've got a size 9 feet and i have to squeeze them in the scale otherwise my feet are floating off the edge, but other then that i think its a nice product.
One person found this helpful
on 2 December 2017
I returned it and got a standard Accuweight scale, the glass is nice, but the bottom is made of cheap plastic, and all of the special features require perfect conditions, therefore only work 1 out of 5 times. Just buy a normal scale.
on 28 November 2016
Only 4 stars as I'm disappointed the reading isn't illuminated. The scales themselves are brilliant and I just love the stand - never seen that option before. They are smaller than usual, but no problem for my husband's size 9s. It just means you need daylight, or a light on, to see the weight.
on 31 May 2014
To say that this product is useless for me is an understatement! As a larger lady, I bought this to replace my old scales which after a good many years had finally died. When I saw them I thought "brilliant, they can stand my weight and I can stand them our of sight in a small room", well when I got them they were tiny! I can only describe that weighing myself was like a spinning top balancing on top of a pin head! They were so hard to balance on that none of my weight readings were the same and I didn't even attempt to use the other functions. I have size 6 feet and my toes were hanging off the edges let alone my family member who has size 11 feet! Needless to say I ending up giving these to someone else who let's just say isn't overweight and has size 5 feet. Even they are struggling with these scales. DO NOT BUY THESE SCALES! Do not even bother considering them, especially if you are of a larger disposition or have larger feet or average balancing skills! What a complete waste of money!
2 people found this helpful