Customer reviews

The Last Song
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 6 October 2009
Most of Nicholas Spark's books are pure love stories, often sad ones, but all deeply touching.

"The Last Song" reaches further. Comprising love of life, of music, of nature - and most of all, love within a family, between parents and children in particular, in all its beauty and complexity.

The book starts with a rather long introduction into the main characters' personalities and lives. For a long time it all seems to stand a bit still. But fear not. This is a necessary part of the rich and touching story which is soon to unfold.

17 year old Ronnie and her 10 year old brother Jonah are to spend the summer with their father in North Carolina. Their parents are divorced and children have not seen their pianist/composer father for three years. Jonah is looking forward to seeing his dad as only a 10 year old boy who loves his father deeply can. Ronnie hates her father for having left the family, and wants to stay with her mother in New York. Something she makes no secret of when she arrives at her father's small beach house.

And so the scene is set for a summer nobody will forget. A summer which will affect Ronnie and Jonah, their parents Kim and Steve - plus friends to be made during the summer - forever.

We have all loved and lost. We have all experienced joy and sorrow. Points in our lives which have forced us to stop and where the road further on has changed direction. Not without pain, but the pain is the necessary seed for the growth of future happiness. For further blooms to grow along our path in life.

The sweetness and innocence of childhood, teenage rebellion, the struggle to keep a marriage alive. There are a myriad of feelings in Spark's perhaps most realistic and important work ever. And impossible to remain unaffected.

Buy it and enjoy!
on 23 August 2014
Oh, how disappointing. A nice easy read, believable characters and then the author just couldn't resist putting in some God bothering rubbish. Look, lots of people, seriously, don't actually believe in God and are tired of having religion pushed in their faces at every turn. I understand that the religious stuff was germane to the story, but the way it was presented was mawkish and did not align with the feel of the rest of the story.
on 9 October 2017
I relate to this book so much because I lost my nana and my best friend to a cancer. This story just reminds of the tragic time my nana and my friend went through. This book deserves all the stars in the sky. My favourite book. My favourite author.
What can I say Nicholas sparks never disappoints. Read this book, if you haven't your missing out.
on 7 August 2017
I don't normally read these type of books but I'm glad I read this! Moving story and really touched my heart. Even reduced me to tears. Great book 10/10 would reccomend to anyone looking for a good read.
on 20 October 2017
If you want a real girly book this is the one to read....its a great read..but have the tissus ready
on 3 September 2017
Lovely story
on 15 August 2017
Great read
on 9 May 2017
As always, Nicholas Sparks takes you on a journey with this romantic and heart warming story. This is really excellent!
on 3 June 2017
A super read
on 18 July 2017
loved this book could not put it down such a weepy . love Nicholas Sparks stories