on 15 August 2014
Great pressure cooker with an updated valve (I used to have old fashioned one with steam constantly being released once food reached boiling point). This is very efficient and easy to use. I use it more in colder months to make beef/lamb stews as it cooks meat in half an hour when it would normally take 2-3 hours.
on 7 June 2012
Had to replace pressure cooker for new induction hob. Very pleased with this one, much quicker than my old one. Instructions easy to follow.
on 6 November 2013
Having had a Tower pressure cooker for years decided to buy a new one. Liked the look of this Tefal Secure 5 and having used it several times I am pleased with both the results and the simplicity of it. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone considering buying a pressure cooker.
on 1 October 2013
I went for this one because of the Tefal brand which I have found to be very reliable. Easy to use but took a while to 'settle in' as the valve stuck the first few times giving the impression that it was under pressure when in fact the pressure had completely dropped. A few recipes would have been useful.
on 17 August 2015
Excellent results, easy to clean and after the initial learning curve, plenty of display symbols to guide you through the stages of getting air replaced by steam, building up required pressure level and also showing when it has reached pressure, so that you can lower the heat source and save money. Cheaper cuts of meat can be cooker so much faster without worry about drying out, tasty stock that is more condensed as steam means that it need not be covered and lovely gravy made after adding and finishing off with some vegetables cooked in minutes! . Excellent result from dishwasher! 😃 Quiet compared to my vintage one that served a few years! Tip - set a timer when it reaches pressure as it cooks quicker than you might suppose!
on 1 September 2016
I bought this pressure cooker for my mum to replace her old one which lasted 20 odd years.
I chose this one as Tefal is a trusted brand and it looks good.

My mum said she is really impressed with this pressure cooker as it cooks a lot quicker and it's quieter than her old one. The only thing she didn't like was the basket is quite small.

If the basket was bigger I would give this pressure cooker 5 stars but as it's now, I'm giving it 4 stars.
on 26 August 2015
Very nice pressure cooker. It is the first time I am using a pressure cooker, and with the help of the internet I figured out what to do. If the red button was to pop up as some reviews say, it never did. However once boiling, I cooked my lamb for around 15 mins and it came out almost soft. Another 15 mins on the stove uncovered did the trick. Lamb has never cooked baby soft in this time before so I know the pressure cooker part of cooking worked. Looking forward to using again.
on 16 February 2015
I had a pressure cooker years ago but disposed of it after all the scares regarding aluminium poisoning. As this product is stainless steel I though I would return to this excellent method of cooking. Steam cooking has taken a lead in healthy eating and has its virtues in as much as you can see and monitor the cooking process, it does not however provide the speed and I think the efficiency of a pressure cooker. Pressure cookers are quite bulky and heavy but are quick and do provide the ability to cook a whole meal in one pot.
on 31 October 2014
I replaced my 40 years old pressure cooker (given to us as a wedding gift) with this new 6 litres Tefal Secure 5 pressure cooker. Took a bit of getting used to the new controls but does the job wonderfully. Easy to handle and once you get used to it comfortable to use. Highly Recommend it. (PS, still kept the old pressure cooker and use it as just a normal cooking pot; sentimental fool).
on 9 December 2014
I had to have a new pressure cooker because my old one won't work on an induction hob. I didn't want to pay too much as I don't use it that often, mostly in winter for stews and making Christmas puds. The quality and price of this one is very good, works a treat and the fact that there isn't a separate weight, in my opinion is a bonus. Made Christmas puds now, roll on winter warming stews.