Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 14 March 2012
Capable unassuming everyday camera bag. I use it for my new Nikon D3100, and there is space for a wide-angle converter lens attatchment as well. I throw it the back of the car, or wear it around my neck in front of me when I'm riding a motorcycle. This is also the ideal place for quick access to the camera when "a decisive moment" occurs, (old photographers will know what I mean). And it does not have a "Nikon" logo on it to advertise to thieves "expensive camera inside - please steal". Ideal for my purpose.
on 19 July 2012
Bought this Duragadget bag (although not from Amazon) so unlike some reviewers who received a different bag to the one pictured, I actually have the black/grey bag that is shown here.

I have a Nikon D5100 with a 18-55 lens and a 55-200 lens. The bag fits the camera with either lens attached, and does not feel tight even with the zoom lens on. There is room to spare at the sides so it is possible you could fit a tube set in aswell (not tried this though) and it has a velcro attachment to make a divider/support within the bag which can be moved around depending on where you want it.

Inside the top flap there is a pouch which can be used to keep extra bits in such as battery, filter, cards etc.

Seems like a decent enough bag for a tenner, and now I can take the camera out and about without worrying I will knock it.
on 30 July 2010
I bought this for my Nikon 5000 and it is absolutely perfect for the purpose. it looks fairly smart, It will protect the camera to a reasonable degree (unless you do something particularly stupid!) It is easily accessible and it comfortably holds my camera when fitted with any one one of my lenses, in particular the Nikon Zoom 18-200 or the 70-300 Tamron, either of which it holds with ease.
The strap is nicely shaped with a shoulder pad which has a non slip material on the under-side making the case very comfortable and easy to carry.

It is very well finished and I would willingly recommend this product to anyone with a digital SLR.

For the record: the bag I received is all Black and is not two-tone as shown, the lid appears to be very slightly different and on the lower front it bears the small label 'Samsonite 1910'

I much prefer it to the one illustrated.
22 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2013
Very satisfied with this bag. Bought Nikon D3100 + 18-55mm lens + 55-200mm lens. All 3 items fit snugly into the Duragaget bag. Looks bigger in photo on Amazon. So beware you will only fit the 3 items mentioned.
I have set the strap to its longest setting. Put case on, with strap across your chest As soon as you see a good photo opportunity, swing the bag around to your tummy. This is the quickest way to remove and put away your camera. Believe me, this method exploits this bag to its fullest!
on 27 March 2013
I ordered this case for a friend. It arrived minus shoulder strap. I contacted Gadgetplusuk who sent me another case with strap but told me too keep the first one as a gesture of goodwill. That's customer service for you. Grand case for the money. Slightly bigger than needed but this means I have roon to stuff a couple of extras in. Large DURAGADGET Carry Case For Digital SLR Camera Compatible With Nikon Coolpix Models Inc D5100, D3100, D300S AND D700
on 26 September 2011
For the price it costs, this bag is excellent and my Nikon D3100 fits in nicely. I even have room to store my video camera too, plus spare SD cards and batteries in the zipped compartment in the bag lid. If you're looking for a good, cheap camera bag, i'd recommend this.
on 2 October 2011
Bought for the Nikon D3100 , a carry case is really light, it doesn't feel on shoulders ,also has enough space . Initially I was a little bit worried about the size of bag just an image it doesn't look big enough.
Yes ,-I would like to recomend this product.
on 23 November 2011
I didn't realise til I just saw this summary, that I have received the wrong product. What I was actually sent is a Samsonite carry bag for the camera - same appearance as the photographed Duragadget. S'pose I shouldn't complain really as I have probably received a product of higher quality. The case I have received is well made and sturdy, my only criticism is that it is very roomy inside - perhaps suited to a camera with a longer lens than the standard lens we have on our Nikon 3100. Lots of pockets for gadgets and handy carry strap or handle to carry like a handbag.
on 17 July 2013
Bought this for the Nikon D3100 as my son is doing GCSE photography and will be using the camera a lot.
Fits perfectly and is just the job.

Bag is well made and looks like it will be durable enough to protect the camera from any bashing at school. My son is pleased with it.
on 26 June 2013
To be honest I havent yet really used this case on a holiday or trip, although it seems to be good quality and durable.

I bought this for my Nikon d3100 and it has a reasonable amount of padding with plenty of spare room leftover for other camera bits and pieces you might want to carry around (charger, cables, spare battery, sd cards etc).

Can't yet fault it. Fast delivery too.