Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 13 August 2016
This is a film that I came across purely through my love of Lara's Theme, a song that I heard a lot of when I was a small child. Having decided to try and find the song on the internet (I couldn't remember what it was called), I came across the film. I had heard of many great films, and many great love stories, but had never seen this. Having decided to dedicate a Sunday afternoon to watch it, I was completely absorbed by the storyline and with the magnificent scenery and locations within the film. This film takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions and left me feeling quite lost for words as the end credits came up. I can't say enough good things about this film. It is a masterpiece and I cannot recommend highly enough. The cast are great, the music is beautiful and the scenery magical.
on 23 April 2017
David Lean's classics are a must have on Blu ray. We will never see his like again.
on 29 July 2017
Watched again tonight, I last saw it when it first came out in 1965. It is truly a masterpiece that will live on. Every part played to perfection, a glorious score and magnificent filming. I was 23 and now I am 75 so it brought back so many memories. I appreciated more now I am old and have had so many more experiences.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 December 2010
This is my favourite film of all time. I've watched it again and again and have just ordered another DVD as the one I bought 4 years ago has a scratch on the surface and doesn't play smoothly anymore. I notice that a few of the low-rated reviews are by people who thought they only received half the film and sadly didn't realize that the DVD is two-sided.

It's a great story that leaves one feeling sad but also uplifted by the sense that one has witnessed an intimate love story played out against a life-changing period in history. One of the joys of the film is the wonderful film-making skills of David Lean who captures the sheer scale and majesty of the breath-taking scenery.
on 11 August 2017
I really love the score of the film! The music is just cinematic! I would love to see this film at the 'IMAX'. The screen photography was 'AMAZING'. The main cast was the highlight. I bought this film because it's one of the treasures of the cinematic screen that I missed during my childhood!
on 21 June 2017
classic film by great acters
on 14 May 2017
excellent which is why its a classic
on 29 June 2017